my new chief?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my new chief?

check this bike out on ebay folks .i would certainly appreciate any feedback on this as this is my favorite chief.im all good with post war chiefs but i am lacking in the pre war years (knowledge wise).......quantity to!.lol item #is 4606138292. thanks for the input in advance,tom

I also am no expert on pre war chief's, but looks like a cool bike. Change the seat and air cleaner of course. I personnaly would leave the paint the way it is. Yopu might ask Abby about the amp meter and speedo...........

Louie

Comment

i believe that the 1938,s had the one year only grey and red faced speedo and ammeter,could stand corrected on that but all my literature indicates this is true.didnt this year also have a worlds fair thing goin on or was that earlier ?

Comment

Forgot to add that I think the price is a bit high for a non runner.....but then again I think $50 k for a Panhead is high also.

Louie

Comment

when i bought my 48 last august the pistons were froze up, i figured i had nothing to lose and made a jig out of wood and tapped on the pistons till they freed up,lo and behold 2000 miles later its still runnin great allthough it burned some oil until the rings reseated themselves.its down to normal consumption now .wonder if i could get lucky with that 38? after all ,all it is is a stuck valve.i guess the real problem is ,between the seat ,correct speedo and ammeteryour looking at 2000-2500 to fix .add that to the worst case scenario of a motor job to and your in the 26 k range .ive contacted this fella, he may be interestd in my 41 u(i hate that bike!)so mabey itll work out

Comment

Working...
          X