amca membership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amca membership

G,day would like to know if being a member does this allow you free entry into amca swapmeets and runs ?

Can only speak to the Wauseon meet, admission is free to everyone

Comment

Most regional or national meets are free to get in. Some ask for a small donation to help defer costs. Local Chapter daily rides have no cost involved but Chapter multiday rides or national road runs have costs to participate as banquets, lunches, t-shirts, and other swag are involved. Mostly your membership gets you access to this website, a nice magazine six times a year, chapter involvement, and the contact with lots of like minded souls.
      DrSprocket

Comment

The meets I attend always ask for a small donation to park. This helps the local chapters too.
        Craig (Delaware)
        Delaware Bay Chapter
        Perkiomen Chapter
        AMCA Member #1011

Comment

AMCA National Meets are usually free entry, but donations are always welcome. Chapter Meets will have their own rules and may charge admission. National Road Runs are usually three days and based around a hotel, and will have entry charges, hotel bills, and possible rules on bike insurance, helmet wearing, AMCA membership cards etc and a disclaimer to sign. Chapter Road Runs will set their own rules and may allow non-members to ride, again subject to possible conditions.

Comment

Well, may as well plug our chapter swap meet held every year the Sunday after the Labor Day weekend in Pine Island N.Y. This year it is Sept. 8th. We at the Bear Mountain Chapter do not charge AMCA members to gain entry to our meets. We charge all others 5 bucks to attend. This helps not only to support our club but pays the venue, band, awards, and whatever other expenses we may incur having our meet. Worth every penny and then some.
            D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

As for Wauseon, admission to the event is free but we do TRY to collect $5.00 from every vehicle for parking regardless of club membership. There's always a few people who complain and some who refuse to pay but it takes a lot of volunteers to put on the meets and the $5.00 fee gives the local clubs some incentive to put in the work required to organize the meet.
              FYI, $5.00 was also charged to enter the recent Oley meet.

Steve Slaminko
              Ohio Valley Chapter

Comment

It's interesting to read the comments here and think about the value of the AMCA meets. Of course its something we all like so of course we are going to be interested. Think of going to some of the events for entertainment and the outrageous money you spend, movies, professional sports, etc. They gouge the heck out of you but not the nice antique motorcycle people. Camping is cheap, entry is generally donation based, parking is usually as well donation based, food is reasonable. I would pay more to go to our events, not that I am saying I should, just saying its the best bargain around.

Mike Love

Comment

Amen to that Mike...They are my Disneyland visits...
                  Ross

Comment

Originally posted by ihrescue View Post
                    It's interesting to read the comments here and think about the value of the AMCA meets...
                    Mike Love
                    No doubt, Mike!

I just wish I had one within reach.

Even Wauseon is logistically prohibitive for me to get serious.

....Cotten
                    AMCA #776
                    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

thanks for everyone replies ,just wanted to know cheers Rob

Comment

Working...
                      X