No announcement yet.

Amputee riding questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peter, the 69 FLH uses a cable for the front brake which is easily moved from left to right of need be. It is a more of a slow you down quickly type brake. Lol I have heard of people running both brakes off of one lever, which is a pretty good idea really.

I did have in mind changing the left handlebar with an earlier model panhead bar, that has the timing advance cable, operating the throttle from the left side and moving the clutch the rt side handlebar. This still may be an option.

As AFJ stated, moving the shifter to the right side is probably the most fool proof for safety and will also work with both with the leg on and off. Now there are a couple of ways Harley mounted the hand shifter with one being mounted to the tank and the other with the shifter mounted on a bracket that is mounted to the frame. So now I will have to weigh out both options to see which would be more feasible.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan View Post
      Peter, the 69 FLH uses a cable for the front brake which is easily moved from left to right of need be.
      So that could work. Front brake on left handlebar, clutch on right handlebar, rear brake stays where it is and shifter on left tank. You could hold the bike with the rear brake, clutch in with your right hand and put it in gear with your left hand. Then you've got both hands back on the bars for lift off.

Comment

Working...
      X