TROG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TROG

How many of you guys/gals have been to TROG in Wildwood NJ? Has been on my bucket list for a few years. I see now instead of June its going to be held in October,not sure why..I know the one held on the west coast is out of range for me...Just curious how many have gone or participated in the event...thanx

We went as spectators in 2014, then starting in 2015 as participants on our mighty 45. Even went out to Pismo, CA as racers. I believe it to be a great event, more fun in four days then you can have in 8 days at any of the major bike ralleys.

It was in October for the first three years, or so, then they moved it to June to get away from hurricane season. But June brought other issues, so they decided to go back to October.

Comment

Originally posted by Architect View Post
      We went as spectators in 2014, then starting in 2015 as participants on our mighty 45. Even went out to Pismo, CA as racers. I believe it to be a great event, more fun in four days then you can have in 8 days at any of the major bike ralleys.

It was in October for the first three years, or so, then they moved it to June to get away from hurricane season. But June brought other issues, so they decided to go back to October.
      If I had the $$$ ide build a bike to go but I may go this year. Just to watch .Hope it's not too cold..lol

Comment

A lot of fun as a spectator, a ton of fun as a participant. Lots of like minded people as can be found on the this Forum. Cars and bikes are all spectacular. Troglodyte show Friday night for the chopper freaks and I hear they are adding a swap meet this year. Customrama show for the cars. All good on the Jerzey shore.

Comment

Talked at length with Joe Oz at Timonium, the MC at TROG Wildwood and he says the weather is better in Oct. and the Legionaires and Elks won't be in town so less crowded. The only reason I didn't go the first year or two was it interfered with the Jefferson swap meet. We will be there racing so see you there.

Tom (Rollo) hardy
          AMCA #12766

Comment

Originally posted by Rollo View Post
            Talked at length with Joe Oz at Timonium, the MC at TROG Wildwood and he says the weather is better in Oct. and the Legionaires and Elks won't be in town so less crowded. The only reason I didn't go the first year or two was it interfered with the Jefferson swap meet. We will be there racing so see you there.

Tom (Rollo) hardy
            AMCA #12766
            I just may be thier....

Comment

Trog 2013

After being told what fun this is, I got to go to the first one in Wildwood (in Oct. 2013) with NJ friends the Harris bros. and others to see it for a day and watch Dave (HD) and Don (Chief) race. It was a great time and I would sure recommend it. Only regret was we couldn't be there the night before and after for the street parties. (I would include a photo if I knew how to do it here.)
              J. Crawford #2806

Comment

I attended TROG in Oct '15 before they split into two events (East & West coast venues). What a great time and well worth attending! I'm glad they pushed the east coast event back to Oct (tourist season is over!).
                Attached Files
                William Edwards, AMCA #10035

Attend the 2019 Southern National Meet at Denton Farmpark, NC, 17-18 May 2019
                http://www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com/

Comment

The first year the event was held in Allenhurst, way north of Wildwood. Narrow beaches no place to park or have any kind of display. Year two moved to Wildwood a much better venue. It was great in Oct. I attended the first one held in June and vowed never to return. Elks and Legionaries were nothing compared to high school children and sky high prices. Now that the event has returned to Oct I will probably attend. Most motels are requiring a three night stay, I do not care for someone other than me planning my vacation though. I am sure a good time will be had by all.

Comment

Attended last year for the first time needless to say I'm hooked. Of course watching the race on sand is cool, but watching all that real steel rolling on the road all weekend is special. Got reservations for this year and hope to do more.
                    Bill #34485
                    68 FLH

Comment

Yeh, don't get there Saturday morning. Street parties on Thursday and Friday are pretty amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Architect View Post
                        Yeh, don't get there Saturday morning. Street parties on Thursday and Friday are pretty amazing.
                        I also like the Frozen Few pix, on the TROG website, thats cool guy racing old iron in the winter....
                        Last edited by brettxlch; 02-17-2019, 07:08 AM.

Comment

We have been staying at the Blue Palm for the last several years and it is super convenient as it is a block to the beach/boardwalk, a block to the Friday night chopper party, and a few blocks to the race registration. It is across the street from the staging parking lot to ride down to the races. A lot of racers stay there including us and has a second floor deck/patio to sit on and watch all the craziness riding up and down the street. Not cheap but arrive, park, start drinking and observing. Great breakfast spot on next block and several good restaurants and bars near by. We automatically reserve each year so we know we have rooms and this year the automatically moved our reservation to Oct. form June. We found a great and convenient place. Home.

Tom (Rollo) Hardy

AMCA #12766

Comment

Working...
                          X