Jay Leno 1930 indian chief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"a religious pilgrimage"

That sums up this passion for old motorcycles for all most of us on this forum, don't you think? I'm not a religious person by nature but a few minutes on an old motorcycle gives me a little tase of heaven every time.
    AMCA # 3233

Comment

Originally posted by Green Indian View Post
      "a religious pilgrimage"

That sums up this passion for old motorcycles for all most of us on this forum, don't you think? I'm not a religious person by nature but a few minutes on an old motorcycle gives me a little taste of heaven every time.
      I'm not religious either, Green Indian!

But if you did it for a living for forty years, it can be "Highway to Hell".

....Cotten
      AMCA #776
      Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post
        I'm not religious either, Green Indian!

But if you did it for a living for forty years, it can be "Highway to Hell".

....Cotten
        That's funny. Cotton don't ever loose your wry sense of humor.
        AMCA # 3233

Comment

My reference to a religious pilgrimage was an abstract observation about a difficult journey, or endeavor and in no way was a slight, or opinion about spirituality. Cotten's dumbass comment broke the rules of most forums by making a religious, or political statement intended to show contempt. I await his reply which will start with "Folks", and end with a P.S. and more nonsense.
          Eric Smith
          AMCA #886

Comment

Originally posted by exeric View Post
            My reference to a religious pilgrimage was an abstract observation about a difficult journey, or endeavor and in no way was a slight, or opinion about spirituality. Cotten's dumbass comment broke the rules of most forums by making a religious, or political statement intended to show contempt. I await his reply which will start with "Folks", and end with a P.S. and more nonsense.
            Just wanted to quote you, Eric!

...Cotten
            PS: And fulfill your prophecy...
            AMCA #776

Comment

Well, I'm no seer, but your posts are never prophetic.
              Eric Smith
              AMCA #886

Comment

Eric, I know that's what you meant and I agree old motorcycles especially rolling projects found on eBay or swap meets can take on a level of dedication (or zeal) that some devote to their beliefs. I did not denote any specific religious content or intent in your post. Nor was there any in mine or Cottons, like I said I appreciate his take on things he just expresses them in different way, some times they do make me laugh. That's all.

I enjoy your commentary and Cotten's as well. You both have great motorcycle knowledge and share it generously with the forum. Your methods for imparting your knowledge is different but I appreciate both of you and your efforts.
                AMCA # 3233

Comment

Well, I'm no seer, but your posts are never prophetic.
                  Is it too late, Folks,...

To get back close to 'topic'?

My '34 "period custom" project needs a better home; I cannot finish it.

....Cotten
                  PS: Thanks for trying, Green Indian!
                  Attached Files
                  AMCA #776

Comment

Am I seeing that right that the 1930 on eBay sold for $21,500? If so that is not only as Eric says is a "Religious Pilgrimage" but quite a trinket in the collection plate.

Mike Love

Comment

Originally posted by ihrescue View Post
                      Am I seeing that right that the 1930 on eBay sold for $21,500? If so that is not only as Eric says is a "Religious Pilgrimage" but quite a trinket in the collection plate.

Mike Love
                      Mike, that 1930 eBaY Indian started out with a $21,500 initial bid, and it ended with a No Sale at the same price--No Bidder's. Sorry, the "Religious Pilgrimage" stalled-out!

*M.A.D.*

Comment

All i can say is I CANT WAIT FOR SPRING!!! To breakup the northeast bordom were going my neph and I to the Naugatuck Car and Bike show , March 16th and 17th in CT...as im into both cars and bikes...God i wish they would have more like Springfield MA in january indoor shows, only with more of a big swap meet for bikes....I just ordered the indian racer movie with Anthony Hopkins, should be a good movie..
                        Last edited by brettxlch; 02-25-2019, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by brettxlch View Post
                          All i can say is I CANT WAIT FOR SPRING!!! To breakup the northeast bordom were going my neph and I to the Naugatuck Car and Bike show , March 16th and 17th in CT...as im into both cars and bikes...God i wish they would have more like Springfield MA in january indoor shows, only with more of a big swap meet for bikes....I just ordered the indian racer movie with Anthony Hopkins, should be a good movie..
                          "Worlds Fastest Indian" Love that movie. I have two posters from the Majestic Theater in Gettysburg when the film was in the cinemas a few years back, I asked the manager what they were going to do with the posters after the movie ran, they told me they usually throw them away, so they gave both of them to me. They are framed and hanging in the house, one in the living room the other in the garage.
                          AMCA # 3233

Comment

I just recieved my 1st issue of The Antique Motorcycle, March/April issue. I must say im very impressed. Good articles, Nice clear pix, and not filled with ads. Im glad i joined the AMCA...brett
                            Last edited by brettxlch; 02-26-2019, 08:20 AM.

Comment

That's good news Brett and really I find the ads that are in the magazine are for products and services that will help.

In regard to World's Fastest Indian film, Anthony Hopkins as well as the supporting cast nailed it. Great film.

Mike Love

Comment

Working...
                              X