So, what is your opinion....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, what is your opinion....

On the AMCA Club Facebook page someone (who might or might not be an AMCA Member) is selling a Title for a 57 Servi-Car for $500. When asked where the bike is he goes into a long story which you can read yourself. So what is your opinion about this on our Club page? I know someone in NH who bought a legitimate Knucklehead with a bill of sale that is all that's required in that state. Next thing ya know is the NH State Police confiscate his bike because his VIN Number turns up on another bike who someone is trying to register somewhere else with the same VIN number? Most probably the same scenario of an old Title turning up and someone stamping the numbers in set of cases either old or new repop without doing any research. The NH police turned this guy I knows life upside down but I do believe he got his bike back eventually. As a club I still for the life of me do not understand why we have a facebook page that you do not have to be an AMCA club member to join. And one thing we should not promote or allow to be sold is a Title with no proof whatsoever as to whether or not the bike might already be out there already registered in someones name. Just my honest opinion... 46EL

Do we really need to discuss the legality? There isn't any.
    The Linkert Book

Comment

The same reason the AMCA Forum allows 200-300 guests to our 5-8 legitimate members 46EL. No wonder my apple shows warnings for the forum as...'Unsafe'.
      *Hit the above 'Quick links' & then 'Who's Online'.

*M.A.D.*

Comment

*Hit the above 'Quick links' & then 'Who's Online'.

*M.A.D.*[/QUOTE]
        So we have "guests" here online who also are not club members? 46EL

Comment

Ha! Just learned a new trick thanks to JoJo357...thanks! Not that I'll ever use it.....but I see there are lots of "guests" that view the postings.

As far as the title advertised on Facebook.....I really don't like Facebook so I'm prejudiced. But I do know this, if you run a business and choose to utilize the so-called social media sites (in other words Facebook and Twitter) then you'd better be danged sure you've got someone in your company constantly monitoring what's going up on your FB page....that means constantly.
          Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Originally posted by pisten-bully View Post
            Ha! Just learned a new trick thanks to JoJo357...thanks! Not that I'll ever use it.....but I see there are lots of "guests" that view the postings.

As far as the title advertised on Facebook.....I really don't like Facebook so I'm prejudiced. But I do know this, if you run a business and choose to utilize the so-called social media sites (in other words Facebook and Twitter) then you'd better be danged sure you've got someone in your company constantly monitoring what's going up on your FB page....that means constantly.
            Glad to be helpful Harry, the correct title is...'Website Not Secure'. This is why i delete my History on a daily basis. Every time i go to the AMCA Forum, i have to manually log in. But if i'm not posting ect., then i can browse all i want, w/o logging in. When i want to revert to my childhood, then i'll go on Facebook! By the way, the AMCA Forum is the ONLY site that this WARNING shows up on. That's gotta' tell you something right there.
            *M.A.D.*

Comment

I think that the guest number also includes all the info robbing 'bots'. I have no trouble with this site but I always get a warning on caimag.

Jerry

Comment

Working...
              X