Funny numbers on ebay 46 Chief ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny numbers on ebay 46 Chief ???

Seller claims matching numbers 1946 Indian Chief now listed on ebay but the engine numbers look new and the boss is a little to too nice. Battery model but no "B" See what you think. Listing #283230113838 See a couple bids on it already. https://www.ebay.com/itm/283230113838
    #7558 Take me on and you take on the whole trailer park!

The numbers dont look to be factory to me.Wrong size and style.
    Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tfburke3 View Post
      The numbers dont look to be factory to me.Wrong size and style.
      Tom
      +1 (me) on that! I don't usually get out the magnifying glass for serial numbers, but you don't need one here...doesn't look anything like my 1946 numbers!
      Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Howdy chaps,

No timing plug below the through bolt, waste of a set of much rarer late 30’s cases and a hardware store bolt in place of the proper stud and nut tieing the cases at the coil platform.
        Cheerio,
        Peter
        1950 Vincent - A Red Rapide Experience

Comment

I just sent the seller a contact note about it as this is just not right as stated. Various red flags for sure.

Comment

http://www.motosolvang.com
            https://youtu.be/Q1A9ovej8i0
            s-l1600.jpg--eBaYSolvang-Museum-bikes4.jpg--Museum. *(805) 686-9522

*M.A.D.*
            Last edited by JoJo357; 10-30-2018, 02:18 AM. Reason: additional info.

Comment

Definitely a re-stamped engine VIN. The seller should disclose that fact.
              AMCA # 3233

Comment

green indian you are spot on ,someone new to the sence may not know this ,its a nice bike what a shame

Comment

If you look at the eBaY details, the Solvang Museum clearly states that it's time to make room for another motorcycle? In their website, under...'Bikes for Sale', the same premise is applied. I wonder how many M/C's have been tagged, or are currently tagged-sitting in the Museum?

*M.A.D.*
                  Last edited by JoJo357; 10-31-2018, 04:23 AM. Reason: additional info.

Comment

The person listing sent me a note that the title is a match to the numbers. Yes, but I basically told him to make it right on the listing for all concerned. Will see........

Comment

Originally posted by KNUCK View Post
                      The person listing sent me a note that the title is a match to the numbers. Yes, but I basically told him to make it right on the listing for all concerned. Will see........
                      So, it would be the owners of the Solvang private museum collection of...Virgil Elings, and his son Jeff Elings.
                      *M.A.D.*

Comment

Seller never re-listed the 1946 Chief with the updated Serial number issue. There were 2 bids originally, one backed out, and the other bidder won the Chief for $25,000. Have to admit, looked like a nice Indian, and the price was decent.
                        *M.A.D.*
                        Last edited by JoJo357; 11-04-2018, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X