Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBaY Price Drops?

HiYa,
    Noticed a substantial dip on some M/C's as of lately? Just a few listings within the past week, there are more, i just didn't list them.
    s-l1600.jpg--1932 VL--$13,900--SOLD.
    s-l1600.jpg--1947 EL-- $30,000--SOLD.
    s-l1600.jpg--1936 VLH Police Unit.--$36,900--SOLD.
    s-l1600.jpg--1947--$33,900--SOLD.

*M.A.D.*
    Last edited by JoJo357; 10-15-2018, 06:30 PM. Reason: additional information

Unless they changed the fee structure recently ebay always charged a flat rate on vehicles sold. What they have in the past charged for world wide exposure was worth every penny from what I have seen in the past. The inflated prices in my opinion were from the dollar exchange in foreign countries being strong in their favor. Just my opinion. 46EL

Comment

yes, just checked and flat rate on a motorcycle over 2K in value is $125. You probably could not run an advertisement for a car or motorcycle in your local paper for that amount. The local exposure in that newspaper would be a small fraction compared to ebays world wide audience. Well worth it in the long run on a specialty vehicle like an expensive antique motorcycle. 46EL

Comment

Originally posted by 46EL View Post
        yes, just checked and flat rate on a motorcycle over 2K in value is $125. You probably could not run an advertisement for a car or motorcycle in your local paper for that amount. The local exposure in that newspaper would be a small fraction compared to ebays world wide audience. Well worth it in the long run on a specialty vehicle like an expensive antique motorcycle. 46EL
        Hello 46EL, sorry--was mistaken about the fee's. Thanks for catching it, already deleted.
        *M.A.D.*

Comment

Lets say you sell a Knuckle motor on ebay in the parts section for 10 grand. At 8 or 9% in fees on that motor if you have an ebay store I think it is capped out at $250 for the final value fee. That makes it cheaper to sell a motorcycle worth 3 to 5 times that amount a real bargain at $125. 46EL

Comment

Never sold on eBay 46EL, went on BS advise on those fee's w/o looking into it myself. Live & Learn.
            *M.A.D.*

Comment

Ebay's vehicle fees are a bargain. I've sold motorcycles and parts off and on for several years on ebay and while the parts fees gouge you, the cost to sell a motorcycle is very low. Combine that with worldwide exposure and it's a good deal. Back to the original post, I've also noticed a dip in final prices for motorcycles recently. Makes you wonder what forces may be affecting the multi year upward trend to begin to drop.
              Mike Carver
              AMCA #3349

Comment

Yes Mike, and i haven't even scratched the British & Euro's even. They're taking some hits also.
                *M.A.D.*

Comment

After looking closely at the red and blue Knuckles I would say they both sold for pretty much what they are worth today. That comes from what I see and what was disclosed about them in the auctions. The VL sold for good money also. 46EL

Comment

After looking closely at the red and blue Knuckles I would say they both sold for pretty much what they are worth today. That comes from what I see and what was disclosed about them in the auctions. The VL sold for good money also. 46EL
                    32 VL for 13,900 how did I miss that one...That's what they want for a 45 basket these days....Just sayin...
                    Ross

Comment

I meant the VLH that sold for 36K. As for the 32 I did not mention that went for almost 14?
                      I have said before and I will say it again.... VL's are probably the most
                      affordable big twin vintage Harley out there for sale today.
                      I had a few of them over the years and they never brought big money. 46
                      .......PS ..And after I just brought up that closed auction for that 32 and looked at the photos at $13.9K???
                      Lets say with shipping costs added if needed maybe to another country?
                      With the work the bike needs to totally freshen it up?
                      Along with paint and maybe customs fees and shipping costs to another country like Australia where a lot of these VL's go?
                      So now maybe after all is said and done at 15 to 20K total costs??
                      I'd say that 13.9 was a very fair right on the money price today for that one also.
                      The seller does not mention what else was needed to complete the "project"?
                      If the paint on the tank matched and the seller said it was turn key ready to go it probably would have sold in that 15-20 range. And again, that is only MY opinion. 46EL
                      Last edited by 46EL; 10-16-2018, 06:16 AM.

Comment

I meant the VLH that sold for 36K. As for the 32 I did not mention that went for almost 14?
                        I have said before and I will say it again.... VL's are probably the most
                        affordable big twin vintage Harley out there for sale today.
                        I had a few of them over the years and they never brought big money. 46
                        .......PS ..And after I just brought up that closed auction for that 32 and looked at the photos at $13.9K???
                        Lets say with shipping costs added if needed maybe to another country?
                        With the work the bike needs to totally freshen it up?
                        Along with paint and maybe customs fees and shipping costs to another country like Australia where a lot of these VL's go?
                        So now maybe after all is said and done at 15 to 20K total costs??
                        I'd say that 13.9 was a very fair right on the money price today for that one also.
                        The seller does not mention what else was needed to complete the "project"?
                        If the paint on the tank matched and the seller said it was turn key ready to go it probably would have sold in that 15-20 range. And again, that is only MY opinion. 46EL
                        Yeah, you are probably right. Nice breakdown. I owned a VL for 30 years and for 8 of those years was my every day bike. Guess I am still to close to that model. You are spot on when you say they are the most under-rated big twin HD out there.
                        Ross

Comment

Working...
                        X