Clincher Tire help / question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clincher Tire help / question

I have a modified 1926 Harley BA that has parts from several years. It has been sitting for a long time and I was going to start by getting this to be a rolling bike.
    It's all there but the tires are crusty, brittle and flat.....hard to move around.
    The 1926 and 1928 single books say that this model came with 26 x 3.30 tires. The rubber on the bike is 3.30 x 18 on front and 3.85 x 18 on the rear.
    Questions:
    Are the sizes that I described one in the same? Measuring tire vs. rim?
    What is the best source or any source for this type of tire? I see Coker has a 385 X 18 Clincher for $162 each.....will these work? Any other options?

Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Ed

I am looking for a 3.85 x 18 original tire for a display bike if yours can still be inflated and you want to sell it let me know please. My email is 61hemi@live.fr
    As far as I know Coker tire is one of the only sources for clincher style motorcycle tires.
    Thanks,
    Eric
    :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Eric MATHIEU @ Beauty of Speed
    www.beautyofspeed.com
    :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Comment

Eric,
      I just removed the 3.85 X 18 Firestone. Unfortunately, one section of the bead (edge) was rotted to the rim and disintegrated during removal. I can send you a pic to see if it would still work.
      The tire could only be used for display as the side walls were also in rough shape. I think it would stay on a rim and inflate with a new tube. I have a pic of the tube that was removed. It had at least 9 patches on it!!
      Ed
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X