Tenino: Who's Going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tenino: Who's Going?

Who all is planning to attend Tenino next week? If you haven't been, it's a laid back, fun little meet with good riding, friendly atmosphere and usually some interesting things that show up. You can even take a ride to Mt. Rainier!
    Mike Carver
    AMCA #3349

I wish I was going. I'll bet I'd have a lot more fun than I'm having here
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

Eric,
      You can buy a plane ticket and throw your sleeping bag in my trailer! Weather looks like it's going to be nice, mostly supposed to be in the 80s.
      Mike Carver
      AMCA #3349

Comment

Thanks for the invitation, Mike. I've always wanted to see the North West of America and may get that chance in the next few years. In the meantime, I hope you have a great time at the Tenino meet, and find some good stuff for your projects.
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

Eric, When you do finally visit bring a motorcycle. I've been riding rural NorCal, Oregon, and Washington for fifty years and the only thing that compares is the rural northeast and the Blue Ridge area. But that's just my opinion. O.K. throw in the Rockies and a few other rural area.
          DrSprocket

Comment

Thanks for that, Rich. I believe our passion for old motorcycles has made for lifetime friendships, and bridged every social difference in our crazy culture. There is nothing like a common interest for harmony, and good will between all kinds of people. The best people I know are members of the AMCA.
            Eric Smith
            AMCA #886

Comment

Eric,
              I really like the way you put that and agree heartily. I enjoyed the company of good friends again at the Evergreen Chapter's 38th Swap Meet this past weekend in Tenino, WA. I was able to put a face to a name with Mike Carver and hope to do the same with you some time. (I am going to Barber Motorcycle Festival in a few weeks.) At our chapter meeting Saturday evening I honored the tragic passing of John Harvey of the Allegheny Chapter who I also had the pleasure of meeting and then seeing with his good pal Bill over the years at eastern AMCA events.
              John Crawford
              AMCA 2806

Comment

Recently went to the north west on a short trip. Washington thru Oregon from Colorado. I was blown away on it. I can see why people would want to live there.
                AMCA #765

Comment

Originally posted by len dowe View Post
                  Recently went to the north west on a short trip. Washington thru Oregon from Colorado. I was blown away on it. I can see why people would want to live there.
                  Shhhhh! Len, you're going to let out the secret!
                  Mike Carver
                  AMCA #3349

Comment

Originally posted by len dowe View Post
                    Obviously you were in the western part of the states as the eastern half is all desert.
                    Be sure to visit;
                    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

I live on the East(desert side) however where three rivers meet! Not so bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Haynes View Post
                        Obviously you were in the western part of the states as the eastern half is all desert.
                        Chris, thank you for pointing that out. We also have a two month minimum smoke season in the deserts of eastern Washington and Oregon. Best for anyone considering moving to our area to think twice. It's really awful here, I'm serious, stay away! (did I sound convincing?)
                        Mike Carver
                        AMCA #3349

Comment

John, Likewise, it was nice to meet you. I've been attending Tenino since '95 and have only missed a few times due to other commitments. I'm happy to see the little nw meet seems to be growing and becoming more popular.
                          Mike Carver
                          AMCA #3349

Comment

Working...
                          X