Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to report a post in the AMCA Forum

Hi Folks -

This week we had a couple of people that became members of the AMCA Forum through some nefarious means. We are still analyzing things to figure out how they snuck in. One member of the AMCA Forum asked why we do not have a "report" button to notify the moderator of a problem post. Well I looked things over and determined that we actually do have the feature. So in the future if you need to report a thread or posted comment in a thread just hit the report button and there is a text box that requires you to submit a brief description.

If you go to an active thread in the forum look to the lower left frame of a post and you will notice a small black triangle with an exclamation mark in it. This is a hot link button that opens the Report A Post form. If you hover your pointer over the button you will see a text label that says "Report Post." Click the button

Screen Shot 2018-07-25 at 4.02.51 PM.jpg

You will be taken to the report form where you can enter a description of what you are reporting such as SPAM, posts that don't follow AMCA Forum posting Guidelines, etc.

Screen Shot 2018-07-25 at 4.03.44 PM.jpg

When you complete the text description just hit the button in the lower right right frame that says "Submit Report." This will send the report to me as an email and while it isn't instantaneous I will generally get it within a few minutes. Just so you understand though I check emails a couple times a day so my action to the report will most likely not be immediate.

Any questions or comments about this can be addressed as a comment to this thread.

Thanks

Mike Love
    AMCA Forum

Thanks for your effort, Mike!

Let's call it the "Bobby Button".

....Cotten
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Working...
    X