No announcement yet.

Anyone else ready for Wauseon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Fred said it you can take that to the bank. I am monitoring the weather too and hope we get a better long range forecast. Don't really want to drag a bunch of pans up there to have it rain all day. Also want the Friday night races to happen!

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
    AMCA #12766

Comment

You bet. Heading over in the morning. Only my second year. Plan on going every year. Only hour and 30 min. away.

Comment

Originally posted by JoJo357 View Post
        From what i've heard Jerry, the only way anyone gets in on Thursday, is if they are Vending! Friday's Racers will have access to the infield pit area on Thursday.
        *M.A.D.*
        Hey Mike
        I went yesterday (Thursday). I parked by the grain stacks and the walked in no problem. Weather was great, met some, great people, and found just a couple of small things , wish I could have stayed longer to to go through things a little closer, but I have to work today (Friday). Hope the weather cooperates for the races ?

Comment

Arrived Thursday. Scored a few things. Did not find what I went for as far as parts go. Plenty of vendors. Rain came in and killed the races both Friday and the possibility of Saturday. Still had a good time though.

Comment

Paps not to contradict you but they did have the races albeit an abbreviated version and they started earlier than normal. They ran what they needed to so it would count as qualifying for those who needed the point for standings. Never got to run 25 lap finals but ran enough heat races. Geo Roeder did a good job under the circumstances and got in as much as he could. Yeah the rain sucked but better than nothing!

Tom (Rollo) Hardy

AMCA#12766

Comment

I heard bikes on the track but assumed it was trial runs.

Comment

Originally posted by Rollo View Post
                Paps not to contradict you but they did have the races albeit an abbreviated version and they started earlier than normal. They ran what they needed to so it would count as qualifying for those who needed the point for standings. Never got to run 25 lap finals but ran enough heat races. Geo Roeder did a good job under the circumstances and got in as much as he could. Yeah the rain sucked but better than nothing!

Tom (Rollo) Hardy

AMCA#12766
                Hi Tom, everyone received the usual practice runs, then the heat races followed, which were reduced to one heat, instead of the usual two heats per class. The Mains were supposed to follow, but the rain hit, and the races were called. George 'Geo' Roeder II payed out the purse, based on the 20+ class heat races that were completed. In Marriage, rain usually signifies good luck, so with this being George 'Geo' Roeder II's inaugural race, maybe in the years to follow, Wauseon will be spared a shower by the rain gods? And yes, Roeder Racing did a great job, but lets not forget former 11 year Wauseon promoter, Scotty Brown & Family. They are still involved, showing Roeder the ropes, until they can take over completely.
                *M.A.D.*
                Last edited by JoJo357; 07-24-2018, 12:24 PM. Reason: additional info.

Comment

Awesome Meet. My hats off to the volunteers. " I love the smell of gas and oil in the morning at Wauseon" See you all in 2019. To my mates around H-one, you're the best. R
                  Ross

Comment

Working...
                  X