WAUSEON Management / Organizer Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WAUSEON Management / Organizer Info

I'm new to this organization and I'm simply curious as to who Manages and Organizes
    the WAUSEON, OHIO meet each year, a chapter local in that area, or the National Club
    A.M.C.A. office holders, or ...? Thank you.
    Jack

It is put on by a local chapter with oversight and coordination with the National. There might be 2 chapters involved but one for sure is the Maumee Valley Chapter.

Jerry

Comment

PM Fred Davis or maybe he will chime in here but I believe it is actually 4 chapters with help from the National. All AMCA events whether they are Road Runs or Swap Meets are put on by local chapters with help from the National. That is part of the reason membership at the chapter level is so important. That is where the volunteers/ workers come from. Since you are new I suggest you go to some of these events and see and talk to folks to understand how much work is involved in putting one on and you will appreciate what they do so we can have a good time. Come to Wauseon and you will see one of the best meets in the country and get to see great flat track races plus a HUGE selection of vendors and parts.

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
      AMCA #12766

Comment

Jack, Jerry and Rollo
        Just for clairifacation, The Wauseon meet is presented by five AMCA Chapters working as a coalition: Ohio Valley, Wolverine, River Valley, Maumee Valley and Lake Erie Chapters.
        The National AMCA provides a $500 meet allowance and a full page ad in The Antique Motorcycle for all National meets. The local Chapters do all of the planning and around 100 volunteer workers are on hand to make your visit a good one.
        Best regards, Fred
        Fred Davis AMCA #9176

Comment

I thank you all for sharing the good info!!!
          Jack

Comment

Fred thanks for chiming in and correcting my mistake on the number of chapters involved. I knew it was more that two. Jack and Fred and any one else going see you there and have fun!

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
            AMCA #12766

Comment

Oh yeah, and the most important thing the Chapters and meets receive from the National AMCA-----about a million bucks worth of Insurance.
              Fred
              Fred Davis AMCA #9176

Comment

I won't be at Wauseon this year, but it was always my favorite 'Big' AMCA meet. Being from Florida, there wasn't much of a break (up North) from our oppressive Florida heat, but the size, quality, and abundance of good mid-Western AMCA members make it worthwhile. Also, the dedication, and commitment of the hosting AMCA chapters has always made Wauseon the gold standard for AMCA Nationals. To the past, present, and future Wauseon volunteers; thank you for everything you do.
                Eric Smith
                AMCA #886

Comment

Working...
                X