Interested in Cannon Ball Baker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interested in Cannon Ball Baker

Hi everybody. New-ish guy here. I have been a member for about three months and have posted only once or twice. I check the forum frequently though. I really enjoy reading about these great old bikes and everybody's projects.

My big project is that I am researching and writing a biography of Erwin G. "Cannon Ball" Baker, the famous motorcycle and automobile racer/driver. I am looking for stories, anecdotes, and pictures relating to him and his exploits. Maybe some of you AMCA members have some good info or pictures tucked away somewhere?

I have done extensive research already. What I'm hoping to find is obscure or unpublished materials that give insight into his life, or a behind-the-scenes look into how he set his records, etc. I would love to see letters, telegrams, and other correspondence; or read first-person accounts from people who met him or worked with him.

If you have a story or a lead, please feel free to drop me a note here or through my profile email. Thanks!

-Alan

G'day Alan.
    You may benifit from contacting the VI with this question. May get a bit more of a response (which wouldn't be difficult!)
    I think there's over 1000 members now and it's a very knowledable group.

Best wishes mate.

Ken.

Comment

Thanks Ken. I will check them out.

Actually, I did a quick google, and nothing jumped out at me. Do you have a URL or other contact info?

Thanks again,
      -Alan

Comment

I seriously doubt you'll find the info you want on the VI. Try posting a classified ad in the magazine. You'll be happily surprised with the response.
        Give your address, ph # and email.

Comment

Alan, you may not get a reply, but then you may as well!
          Here you go. http://virtualindian.org/index.htm

They are a great group to be part of, and as Baker rode an Indian for some time, you may just get some detail from the group.

Best wishes from Australia.

Ken.

Comment

Originally posted by AdminGuy
            Try posting a classified ad in the magazine.
            That's a great idea! Thanks.
            -Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Baytown
              Here you go. http://virtualindian.org/index.htm
              Thanks for the link Ken, I will check them out.
              -Alan

Comment

Working...
              X