TWO! new books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWO! new books

My wife ordered the AMCA 50 years book way back when, but didn't say anything about Harley-Davidson Memories, The Golden Age of Motorcycling, by Bob Tyson. It came in the same package the other day. Just sat down with it tonight. What a great little book, filled with fascinating pictures and captions that make you stare at each picture, sometimes minutes at a time. You really immerse yourself in the era. Thanks Bob for a job well done.
    To all of you, check it out. You won't be sorry.

My wife bought the 'Harley Davidson Memories' book as a 2004 Christmas gift for me, (waited almost a year). She bought the delux leather bound signed and numbered addition and all told, paid a little over $70 for it. It is leather bound but not signed or numbered.

It's not a bad book. There are some interesting and unique pictures that I have never seen and I always enjoy that. I'll keep my criticisms limited because I'm sure writing a book is at least 3 times harder than restoring a motorcycle. My first criticism is the photographic reproductions are just terrible. The photos look mushy, unfocused, and the "dot" size seems too big for a high end publication. Maybe me and my eyballs are just getting old. The second is; there are too many Popular Mechanics advertisements. I've seen all those. That's all I'm going to say in criticism.

I would like to say that my favorite Harley Davidson book is Herbert Wagner's 'Harley Davidson 1930-1941' published by Schiffer. It is an incredible piece of work. The photos are unique, plentiful, and well captioned. The text is extensive, very well researched, well written, and just fun to read. I have read this book at least 3 times and now that I look at it again, I think I'm going to read it again.

Comment

Hi Eric,

Have you seen the book by Herbert Wagner that's titled

"At The Creation".

That's my favorite Harley Davidson book. It talks about the very first years of the Motor Company, the myths that have become legend, and reveals the real truth.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the info Earl

Comment

Working...
        X