Thanks to Jay Leno!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks to Jay Leno!

We would like to take this opportunity to thank a world class motorcycle/car collector, and all around nice guy, Jay Leno.

In the October, 2005 issue of the AMA's AMERICAN MOTORCYCLIST magazine, (on page 12), there is a picture of Jay working on his current restoration project, a bright red 1966 Suzuki X-6 Hustler.

We noticed this picture, since we just finished a complete restoration of a similar red 1966 X-6 Scrambler, to go along with our Bill Hoard restored 1968 Triumph Bonneville.

I found an address for the "TONIGHT SHOW," on the web, and three weeks ago sent some pictures, of our restored Suzuki to Jay, along with a copy of the AMA magazine picture showing him.

Imagine my surprise when a few days ago, I received a large Priority Mail package from Jay, with an 81/2" x 11" signed picture of him standing by his Suzuki enclosed!

Thanks to Jay Leno, who loves antique motorcycles enough to take the time, out of his busy schedule, to send another biker a signed picture. Our local picture framing company framed the picture and it is now proudly hanging in our shop.

THANK YOU JAY LENO!

I never owned an X6 but will never forget but reflect my only experience with one. There was a Suzuki dealer on Harbor Blvd in ... I guess it was Santa Ana or was it Costa Mesa, CA (66-67?) Anyway I ask if I could test ride one. The Salesman said sure but dont snap the throttle open in low gear. So I rode it out of the lot and in total disrepect Jammed the throttle wide open in low gear whereas the SOB bike did a wheelie straight up. I never expected that little 2 cycle ring ding to do anything like that!

Comment

That's great! It's nice hear something like that. Everything I've heard about him says that he's a regular guy (with an amazing vehicle collection!).

-Alan

Comment

Working...
      X