Cycle Dope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cycle Dope

My buddy turned me on to this new app. It's run by Eric Spear, from Empire of Rust, called Cycle Dope.

It's pretty awesome. It's in both The App Store and Google Play. I imagine this is going to take over for chopperswapper; it's way simpler.

Might help one of you find something you need.

Thanks anyway, I'll drive to the swap meet.
    AMCA #3149
    http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

I prefer the swap meets, too... but I've also scored some stuff online I never would have found at a swap meet.

Tools in the toolbox, my good man.

Comment

Seems & Looks like a lot of scams on this here dOpe site! Definitely is a whole lot of 'weeding out' process to do, which should be unnecessary!
        *M.A.D.*
        Last edited by JoJo357; 04-25-2018, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Hell, I don't even have a smart phone...
          Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Originally posted by JoJo357 View Post
            Seems & Looks like a lot of scams on this here dOpe site! Definitely is a whole lot of 'weeding out' process to do, which should be unnecessary!
            *M.A.D.*
            Can you provide a source for your statement? I got no dog in the fight, but I've personally done several deals both buying and selling there, and everything has gone smoothly.

You mention a site... Cycle Dope is not a website. Is it possible you got a little confused there?
            Last edited by govmule84; 04-25-2018, 05:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by govmule84 View Post
              Can you provide a source for your statement? I got no dog in the fight, but I've personally done several deals both buying and selling there, and everything has gone smoothly.

You mention a site... Cycle Dope is not a website. Is it possible you got a little confused there?
              Excuse me gov, officially it's a Platform APPlication. This was just a heads-up call from my point of view, and possibly other viewers? Which is the point of this forum.
              Also, CycleDope can be accessed from your PC.
              You can run Android apps on a Windows PC or laptop using an Android emulator app., and it can also be partially viewed on Instagram.
              This being a new app.*(CycleDope), there will always be flaws, and a way to exploit the system. The red flag goes up when some of those listings just seem to be too good to be legitimate?
              Good Luck, hope it pans out for the most part of why it was even conceived.
              *M.A.D.*
              Last edited by JoJo357; 04-25-2018, 09:47 PM. Reason: additional info.

Comment

I wasn't attempting to correct you, I was trying to find out if you mixed it up with another venue.

Obviously you're entitled to your opinion. The whole point of my first post was to let folks know about another way to source parts for old bikes.

I've used Cycle Dope. I've had good luck. Friends have had similar experiences. Your mileage may vary.

Have a great day.

Comment

Not a Problem Govmule84. Maybe some additional feedback from AMCA members, who will wish to comment on their experiences with Cycle Dope?
                  *M.A.D.*

Comment

I am barely computer and smart phone literate. When I tried to download the app on my android smartphone, I was told that my device was incompatible with the app. So far, no Cycle Dope for me. I'd like to try it though.

Comment

On my machine, after I downloaded it to my phone, it immediately asked me to sign in with PayPal just to open the cycle dope app. That causes me concern, I was unable to move past the first screen until I give it my PayPal information. I'm not prepared to do that, I don't think one should be forced to put in their banking information just to access the app. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong?
                      Bob Beatty
                      AMCA 19209

Comment

Nothing wrong NiteOwl, currently a lot of shopping Apps, including Cycle Dope, will not allow You to even browse w/o first putting out your Credit Card or payment option. Looks like they probably get a kickback from PayPal with a pre-registered account to even begin looking & selling. Also, the App Cycle d0pe is using, is NOT compatible with all Phones, even outdated 2-3 month old new phones--haha. It would be like attending a M/C Swap Meet, and before you even entered the gate, you would have to fork over your Credit Card/Payment information, before they allowed to even let you in! "Welcome to the Machine" Brother!
                        *M.A.D.*
                        Last edited by JoJo357; 04-26-2018, 07:41 PM. Reason: additional information.

Comment

Originally posted by JoJo357 View Post
                          Welcome to the Machine Brother!*M.A.D.*
                          Great quote, but a gruesome reality
                          Eric Smith
                          AMCA #886

Comment

Working...
                          X