fla road run sign up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fla road run sign up

trying to sign up for meet cant get past the rider part to sign up the question is we always had the ability to down load the forms my computer saavy is not so good keeps kicking me back to beginning of form have three to make out frustrated to say the least can someone send me a form paul bergeron 422 millett rd minot maine 04258

Paul just fill out the rider portion and continue. It doesn't commit you to anything at that point , if that is your concern, as it was mine. I don't like the way we have to get in to the sign up before we know any details and will will be bringing this up with Keith and Rick when i see them. It isn't right that they act like you need to commit before you know any details plus the fees seem to keep going up. Rick made a point of tell folks at the Chattanooga run that chapters needed to give better value to the riders rather than just try to grab as much money as possible. They also made no "deal" with the host hotel or a couple of them so we got better rates. Was told it's Bike Week your on your own. Unacceptable!! Then don't have it during Bike Week. I know they want to piggy back on it and the swap meet but no body is getting any value out of that except the Volusia Co. tax folks. See ya there.

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
    AMCA#12766

Comment

As said, when you go through the steps of AMCA website's Road Run Registration process once, it is straight forward. Having enjoyed many Road Runs ever since when they began in the Colorado Rockies, I can think of maybe one time when the "value" didn't measure up to the fee. I have been involved in some organization and planning and know that those who do so in the chapters I am in here in the northwest strive to break even when budgeting costs and fees. It is a good plan to negotiate reduced rates and amenities with the host resort, which has been done for the upcoming Oregon Trail Chapter's National Road Run in July this year. I am not involved in organizing this one, but know from past experience that there has always been "good value" planned by the few who do so in this relatively small chapter. The registration fee is a little higher this time, but (as will be seen in the ad in the upcoming magazine) there are at least six meals included along with other usual stuff. Those who have been there before know how good the food is and we always enjoy riding through Oregon scenery!

Comment

I'm not slamming the runs or their organizers and volunteers who put them on but have seen the price go from $100 to now $150 with less meals or "free" stuff include for that prices. I know how much goes into a Road Run as we put on a National years ago (Natural Bridge) and we do chapter ones as well. Rick keeps pestering us to do one again but we don't have the enthusiasm or man power to pull it off to the level I would expect and I see from others. I enjoy and look forward to them each year and have already heard of some of the ones for 2019 and planning on those already. I like the ones where essentially everyone stays at the same place so the group gathering at the beginning and end of the day are more fun. I realize some can't take the hotel/motel prices so move to close by locations but to just say it's bike week and your on your own doesn't seem very well thought out. I will be there no matter what and I'm sure i will have good time but would have ben much easier if we were all in the same location. Make the hooking up with groups to ride easier.

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
        AMCA#12766

Comment

Working...
        X