rhinebeck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rhinebeck

noticed that rhinebeck meet is not listed in schedule what happened there paul bergeron minot maine 7989

Paul, I noticed that also, I searched on line and found that it is going to be a regional meet on Father's Day weekend.

Comment

My understanding three months ago is that Rhinebeck is no more.
      AMCA #3149
      http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Rusty is correct. It's a regional in 2018 and ties in with the Hudson Valley road run the previous week.
        DrSprocket

Comment

I'm new to the AMCA so I hope you don't mind if I ask: How does a regional differ from a National meet? Attended Rinebeck for the first time last year and had a great time and the misses had an ever better time. Sad to hear it won't happen this year
          20170630_154815-1_resized.jpg

Comment

rhinebeck

the difference between national and regional meets good question something about judging bikes dont have where why and when would like to here more someone will pipe in more info there is a road run the same week great area for road runs have been to several road runs in new york state they do a good job lots to see and do to rich o am going to make this run god willing see you there paul bergeron 7989 ps 1 above o today in maine

Comment

I have not been able to find anything regarding a regional meet...either date or location. Could someone please post a link to this info if available? I was wondering if this meet had gone the same route as Davenport, with there still being a large event held (at same location?) but no longer being AMCA affiliated. I would love to know for sure as I (and many many others) have really enjoyed this meet since its beginning. Thanks....Smitty

Comment

I talked to Dan Heinke ( I think that's how you spell his last name) just the other day. It will be the weekend following the Hudson Valley chapter Catskill national road run. There is no real difference between a national meet and a regional one except there is NO national judging. The meet had been moved to allow riders on the road run to transition over to the Rhinebeck meet as we did in 2008. This brought about a conflict for the AMCA board to support it as a National for 2018 as the National meets at Dixon and the Viking meet are the same weekend and they didn't have enough judging staff to take care of three meets at the same time. Our chapter held a regional meet for 16 years and a national for 18 after that. no big deal only NO national judging. I'll be so glad to see you at the run Paul.
                DrSprocket

Comment

Thanks for the explanation regarding Regional/National status.

I found Rinebeck Meet information here http://amca-hudsonvalleychapter.org/rbecklink.html

Happy to see the meet will take place, been looking forward to the Swap Meet.

Comment

Question - does a Regional meet have to pay The AMCA the same $20.00 (I think that's the correct amount) per vendor space that a National meet does?
                    Sam

Comment

Sam, It's a certain percentage I believe but it is somewhere in the $20 dollar range depending on the vendor site charge by the host chapter if I remember correctly. No, a regional meet doesn't incur that cost. The National also gives the National meet host a small amount of money as they also do a chapter hosting a National road run.
                      DrSprocket

Comment

Thank you for the link to the very helpful information....Smitty

Comment

Working...
                        X