Mystic Seaport, Conn.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystic Seaport, Conn.

Anyone else make it up to the Mystic Seaport Museum in Conn the weekend before last?

I was there on vacation with my wife and ran into some of the Yankee Chapter Members that were participating in the Seaports 8th Annual By Land and By Sea Antique Vehicle display on Sunday the 22nd. I think the mfgr cut-off date for vehicles was around early Thirties.

The Yankee Chapter had a small but very nice selection of Early American motorcycles there. I talked to a couple of the members, but didn't get their names.

I did take a few pics: I'll try to post them...may take me a couple of trys cause I haven't been too active on the Forum and I'm a little rusty posting.

Unlike a static display, this was a moving display of sorts. The vehicle onwers, many of them dressed in Period garb, were driving around the Seaport all day. Really cool to watch. Struck me how it must feel to be on a Movie Set.

Anyway...if you get a chance...try to make it up there next year. I think you'd like it. Might even contact the yankee chapter about bringing your early bike to participate. Later, Hrdly
    Attached Files

Here's another pic:
    Attached Files

Comment

and another pic:
      Attached Files

Comment

A general view to show how cool it was with the old vehicles riding around all day:
        Attached Files

Comment

OK...one more of a members bike...NICE!!
          Attached Files

Comment

I went for the first time. It was worth the trip. Three of us rode from Rhode Island. I was on the Frankenscout and my friends came on a '37 Four and a '58 Pan. The cutoff year is 1930, so we had to park in the parking lot. Charlie Gallo was on the promotional picture this year with his JD. He was also on the plaque they gave to the exhibiters. Pretty much you can bring anything you want as long as it is 1930 and earlier.

Comment

Yes, I seen your bikes out in the parking lot when I came in. Very nice.

I did take a pic of your bikes...but like several other pics I snapped that weekend, for some reason my card didn't take it.

I have a Olympus digital with 10x zoom lens. Takes great pics but I've notice that some of them don't take onto the card for some reason? Its probably me and not the camera.

That's a nice trip from Rhode Island for old bikes! Too bad they wouldn't at least let you guys bring the bikes into the Entrance area just inside the main gate. It must have been a little unnerving to have to leave the bikes across the street in the main parking lot!

Anyway...if any AMCA members get the chance to get up to Mystic Seaport for next years show...I think they'd find it worth it too! Later, Hrdly

Comment

Working...
              X