Speedo ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedo ID

G,day picked this speedo up at our local swapmeet , can anyone ID it for a bike or car please, Rob

CH=CONFIG]21157[/ATTACH]20171127_162305.jpgspeedo ID

20171127_162229.jpg hopefully the other photos will download

Comment

That's a Johns Manville speedometer probably from a early twenties Dodge automobile.
      Harley used a similar unit in the late teens and early twenties but the face was white and was labeled "Harley Davidson"
      The Harley version also did not have the max speed arm.
      Looks like the bezel and glass is missing.
      There are a few on eBay that have been for sale for several months. Probably because the sellers have unrealistically high starting bids of a couple hundred dollars. The ones listed for $40-$50 tend to sell.
      The Harley versions are worth a lot. A BEAT head, cable and right angle drive sold on eBay last week for around $1200.
      Mark
      Mark Masa
      www.linkcycles.com

Comment

This one is a motorcycle speedometer, it has black number with red 1/10.IMG_5478.jpg

Comment

Thanks Mark ,i am glad you chimed in ,i was thinking it may fit my 22 chief ,i do have the bezel and glass which i removed the guts feel lose and i will have a look why ,is there any tricks why i should not pull it apart ? Rob

Comment

Just be careful with the pot metal guts inside. Break that and you have problems.
            Mark
            Mark Masa
            www.linkcycles.com

Comment

Working...
            X