American Cycle Fab???????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Cycle Fab???????

Does anyone know the business status of American Cycle Fab??? They've had my camshaft project for over 6 months.
    I'm have zero success contacting them... I urgently need my project returned, finished or NOT... Please contact me
    @ hankins@qnet.com if you know anything... This is getting ridiculous... I have $3,000 invested in the parts I sent to them.
    Please help or give info if you can.

Larry Doane
    AMCA #944
    Agua Dulce, CA
    Attached Files

I spoke with them two weeks ago and everything seemed fine.

Comment

Larry,

I talked with Paul about a month ago and Joel a couple of weeks ago as they have had a 46 knuckle motor of mine since Jan. They assure me it will be done by mid to late Nov for sure. They do motors in batches i.e. pans, knuckles and flatties as it makes it easier on them to stick with a type and knock them all out then move to the next bunch. Kind of assembly line style. They do a fair amount of motor work for me and some of my friends so I think they are just getting overrun with work. They also rely on seasonal maintenance work like all shops do to pay the bills. The kind of quick turn around stuff that keeps cash coming in to pay the bills. That puts them behind on the unit work. Call don't email and they will talk to you. Since you live on the west coast remember the time difference. I understand the frustration since I was supposed to have that 46 motor back by Oley but I like the work they do and it has been reliable and I can bring something there and we go over it in person.

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
      AMCA #12766

Comment

Thanks Tom. They weren't able to deliver on the last 3 promises... If/when I get them to answer the phone...I've tried many times...I tell
        them this isn't working for me and to return all my parts... I have no problem paying for their time and shipping... It's just time to try another
        approach to get my camshaft project moving... Thanks again for responding..

Larry Doane
        AMCA #944

Comment

Sorry it isn't working out for you with them but you have do what's best for you.

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
          AMCA @12766

Comment

Yeah Tom, I'm pretty bummed... I called again this morning and at least their voice mail was turned on.. I'll give them another week
            before I try hiring a local agent to personally visit their shop and pick up my property..

Comment

I would try calling between 11 and 2 pm their time. That is when I have managed to get them. They are closed Mondays but they usually still answer the phone. Tues. through Sat. are best

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
              AMCA #12766

Comment

did you ever get your cams back?

I just posted a thread about my saga with American Cycle Fab and cams. It was a terrible experience and like you -- I couldn't get ahold of them. Worse, my cams came back essentially ruined.

Comment

I had to get my wheel hub back incomplete after an inordinate amount of time also.
                  Dan Margolien
                  Yankee Chapter National Meet July 31/August 1 2020 at the TERRYVILLE Fairgounds, Terryville CT.
                  Www.yankeechapter.org
                  Pocketvalve@gmail.com

Comment

Just when I was thinking about having my 45' Flathead engine worked on at American Cycle Fab.......
                    Craig (Delaware)
                    Delaware Bay Chapter
                    Perkiomen Chapter
                    AMCA Member #1011

Comment

Hard-earned professional reputations, Folks...

Can be ruined overnight.

(So I'm destroying mine slowly.)

....Cotten
                      AMCA #776
                      Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Originally posted by chuckthebeatertruck View Post
                        did you ever get your cams back?

I just posted a thread about my saga with American Cycle Fab and cams.
                        It was a terrible experience and like you -- I couldn't get ahold of them.
                        Worse, my cams came back essentially ruined.
                        Are you going after them with an attorney? You must have considered that.
                        I'm sorry to hear of your trouble.
                        Jack

Comment

Originally posted by AdvenJack View Post
                          Are you going after them with an attorney? You must have considered that.
                          I'm sorry to hear of your trouble.

Paul and I were able to connect after two weeks. ACF is exchanging the cams.

That said, I have no idea how long that might take . . . I'm hoping it's less than the nearly 6 months I waited for what they sent me.

While I'm happy they are exchanging the cams; based on the various private messages I received it seems I'm just one of many people having difficulties either communicating with ACF or getting work completed in a timely manner.

As of now; I'd say be careful. Some folks say Paul is the absolute best and worth the wait. My experience differs and the photos tell the story.

Comment

Paul has done very nice work in the past for me....motors mostly....65 XLH, 42 Knucklehead, 54 KR....THAT WAS THE PAST. I gave hime 2 transmissions (one pan and one knuckle) and a KHK motor for rebuilds....THAT WAS 2 YEARS AND 5 MONTHS AGO AND NOW NO ANSWER ON THE PHONE, NO ANSWER ON EMAILS, NO ANSWER ON HIS FACEBOOK MESSAGE. I HAVE TRIED CALLING both his shop number (no answering machine as of today) I tried his cell phone and his mailbox is full.

Comment

Originally posted by Chopper View Post
                              Paul has done very nice work in the past for me....motors mostly....65 XLH, 42 Knucklehead, 54 KR....THAT WAS THE PAST. I gave hime 2 transmissions (one pan and one knuckle) and a KHK motor for rebuilds....THAT WAS 2 YEARS AND 5 MONTHS AGO AND NOW NO ANSWER ON THE PHONE, NO ANSWER ON EMAILS, NO ANSWER ON HIS FACEBOOK MESSAGE. I HAVE TRIED CALLING both his shop number (no answering machine as of today) I tried his cell phone and his mailbox is full.

Believe it or not; the most successful way I got them to respond was via Ebay messenger. Still it was a constant barrage of calls, emails, and anything else I could think of each time I was trying to communicate with them.

Paul did call me twice in early June. The first time, he gave me a 30 minute window to call him back but I didn't get the message until a couple of hours later; the second time I just missed the call. So, he does have a phone that works :-)

I never worked so hard to communicate with anyone in my entire life; let alone a business owner.

I wish you luck in resolving the situation.

Comment

Working...
                              X