Scam alert !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scam alert !

Just an alert that the scumbag scammers are watching.. I currently have a want add for a I beam fork for my WLDD, got a reply from a guy named Reed from Texas that he had the part and more and ask for a want list, so I ask for a ph # so we could discuss a deal, he reply'd he could not make phone calls as he was too busy at work, (first red flag, guess they couldn't do a Texan drawl), then he sent pic's of what was a later model WL and even had a close up pic. of a WLDD vin, (red flag # 2) and included a text with a price that he would accept a bank wire payment and asking for my address,(another red flag), I replied it was the wrong bike and again ask for a ph. # and that was the last I heard..
    These lowlifes took advantage of my elderly parents a while back and I hate to see it happen to anybody so be aware, Tim

Thanks....they're everywhere, sheesh!
    Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1936-1938-19...19.m1438.l2649

This was at Wauseon and now on eBay. I think it was probably late 30's Servi-Car originally. Frame neck has the mount for the dash base. Jerry

Originally posted by TIM 435 View Post
      Just an alert that the scumbag scammers are watching.. I currently have a want add for a I beam fork for my WLDD, got a reply from a guy named Reed from Texas that he had the part and more and ask for a want list, so I ask for a ph # so we could discuss a deal, he reply'd he could not make phone calls as he was too busy at work, (first red flag, guess they couldn't do a Texan drawl), then he sent pic's of what was a later model WL and even had a close up pic. of a WLDD vin, (red flag # 2) and included a text with a price that he would accept a bank wire payment and asking for my address,(another red flag), I replied it was the wrong bike and again ask for a ph. # and that was the last I heard..
      These lowlifes took advantage of my elderly parents a while back and I hate to see it happen to anybody so be aware, Tim

Comment

Thanks for the lead Jerry, looks a little rough but worth while checking out, Tim

Comment

"Reed from Texas" is a regular scammer on a lot of the antique bike and car boards.
          He has been very busy lately, even registers as a forum member to use PM's sometimes .

Comment

Working...
          X