2018 National Road Run Schedule West

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 National Road Run Schedule West

I haven't seen the 2018 National Road Run schedule posted yet. Does anyone know if there will be a run in the South Dakota Black Hills area or somewhere thereabouts? Or CO,WY?

If its standard procedure to not make 2018 info public yet, just PM me please. Been wanting to do a western run and things are aligning for next year so trying to plan ahead to make sure we can go.

Thanks
    Jason Zerbini
    Near Pittsburgh PA (Farm Country)
    Allegheny Mountain Chapter http://amcaamc.com/

Originally posted by Skirted View Post
    I haven't seen the 2018 National Road Run schedule posted yet. Does anyone know if there will be a run in the South Dakota Black Hills area or somewhere thereabouts? Or CO,WY?

If its standard procedure to not make 2018 info public yet, just PM me please. Been wanting to do a western run and things are aligning for next year so trying to plan ahead to make sure we can go.

Thanks
    According to page 75 of the July/August "Antique Motorcycle" 2018 Road Runs have been approved for 5 chapters : Sunshine, Oregon Trail, Driftless, Hudson Valley and Black Hills.

AFJ

Comment

Jason, The one next year in the Sturgis area is suppose to tie into the Cannonball run going through there I believe. I also believe the Hudson Valley one is the 10th anniversary of the one they had at the German Ski lodge across the river from the Rhinebeck swap meet. that was killer!
      DrSprocket

Comment

Howdy Jason,

Just sat at the banquet the other week in Blackhawk Co and listened to Carl Olsen eloquently describe their upcoming road run to much deserved applause and found myself weakly committing to that one on the spot. That after being on the road since before Memorial Day with 1,600 miles via Sante Fe still to go to get home knowing we'd leave for another 1,600 miler only 3 days after that (fly'n this time). If Rick Najeira is reading this I'll beg off by saying my van has no cruise control unlike his sumptuous conveyance.

At any rate if you have never been involved/come in contact with the Cannon Ball in any way it is absolutely intoxicating. One of our more memorable was a week spent in Daytona with the fellas (ladiez) before they took off. In our Information Age/social media obsessed era this is one of the chances left to launch off into the unknown.

Note that there'll be a road run in Florida right before the first AMCA meet at the donkey barn and bike week. For those not yet inclined to commit themselves to covering vast mileages to get to their first road run this is an easy opportunity to dip your toe in the water of what I (in humble opinion) consider the absolute best facet of the AMCA having grown weary of judging and swap meets. The riding is great, the evening in the parking lot among the machines, beverages, and friends even better!

Rich, hope to see you at Carl's......preferably riding your signature Excelsior like I remember way back in Tahoe in th 90's.
        Cheerio,
        Peter
        1950 Vincent - A Red Rapide Experience

Comment

Originally posted by PRG View Post
          Howdy Jason,

Just sat at the banquet the other week in Blackhawk Co and listened to Carl Olsen eloquently describe their upcoming road run to much deserved applause and found myself weakly committing to that one on the spot.
          Hi Peter,
          What is the location Carl Olsen spoke of? Sturgis area I presume? What date? Last year we rode down to the Cannonball checkpoint in Morgantown WV and the experience was grand as you say. Thanks
          Jason Zerbini
          Near Pittsburgh PA (Farm Country)
          Allegheny Mountain Chapter http://amcaamc.com/

Comment

Howdy sir,

OK, for the intrepid antique rider looking for total immersion. You have Davenport, then Don Dzurick's road run out of Lacrosse Wi followed by Carl's out of Deadwood in mid to late September. Think I'll need to add a whoopee cushion to my Knuckle for all that time in the saddle.
            Cheerio,
            Peter
            1950 Vincent - A Red Rapide Experience

Comment

Yes, there will be a Black Hills Road Run next year. Without giving out any official dates there are Five National Road Runs as AFJ alluded to.

Sunshine Chapter (the days prior to the Sunshine meet in Florida
              Driftless Chapter (the days after Davenport)
              Black Hills Chapter (during the Cannonball)
              Oregon Trail Chapter (date TBD)
              Hudson Valley Chapter (days before or after Rhinebeck)

All Road Runs will be available for registration online in December.

Comment

AMCA Driftless

Originally posted by PRG View Post
                Howdy sir,

OK, for the intrepid antique rider looking for total immersion. You have Davenport, then Don Dzurick's road run out of Lacrosse Wi followed by Carl's out of Deadwood in mid to late September. Think I'll need to add a whoopee cushion to my Knuckle for all that time in the saddle.
                AMCA Driftless will be putting on a National Road Run 4-6 September 2018 and based out of La Crosse / Onalaska Wisconsin. This event will include riding in three states, great accommodations and a tour of S&S cycle with catered lunch. We look forward to giving you the opportunity to experience our wonderful area!
                Our friend Don Dzurick is from the AMCA Badger Heritage Chapter and we look forward to Don and many Badger members attending. Hope to see you next year at National events!

Will Lusignan 19880
                President
                AMCA Driftless

Comment

2018 Oregon Trail Chapter national rally will be held on July 26-28 2018 in Cottage Grove, Oregon.

Comment

Working...
                  X