New member in search of knuckle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member in search of knuckle

Hi there, just logged in to the forum and hopefully someone can help me out here.
    I dunno if people post their wanted adds on here, but I'll give it a shot, I allready did in the classifieds.
    Anyway, I am looking for a good running knucklehead, from '39-'47. So if anyone wants to sell pls leave me a message.
    I allready want to thank whoever can send me in the right direction.

dave.

Welcome Dave, I don't know if this will help but ,hitch a ride to the Davenport Iowa AMCA Chief Blackhawk Chapter swap meet over labor day weekend. You can typically find at least half a dozen good running knuckleheads for sale there if not more. Also, you can find almost complete project knuckles. I purchased a big majority of my knuckle's parts there. I also purchased a bike for a friend when he gave me the bucks and the trust to find one. You need to show up or find a friend that is going. You would be amazed what you find.

Jim M.

Comment

Hey Jim, thanks for the reply. Iowa....... thats a long ways from here (northwest). I might know somebody that is going tho.
      Thanks again.

dave.

Comment

Every place is a long way from Iowa......but I agree it will be worth the trip ! Good Luck !

Louie

Comment

Its also a LONNNG way from Maine.....But as louie says WELL worth the trip! last year I was there and looking for a special part didnt get it but the next week found it on e-bay and it had been purchased by the owner @ Davenport he beat me to it...go figure!!!!!

Comment

Yeah, its a long way and I am not going to make it. The search goes on. Thanks for the replies tho.

dave.

Comment

Don't know how anyone can help you out if you don't want anyone to email you with knuckles for sale. DOC

Comment

Oh yeah, never really thought about that. Anyways, I bought one up last weekend.
                Now the search for parts is on.

d.

Comment

Working...
                X