Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Have Any "Pacific Motorcyclist and Western Wheelman" magazines from 1919?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Have Any "Pacific Motorcyclist and Western Wheelman" magazines from 1919?

The Pacific Motorcyclist and Western Wheelman magazine is an ancestor of Motorcyclist magazine and was in production in 1919.

I am searching for an article that probably appeared in a September 1919 issue (but it could have been August or October).

First I have to find someone or a library with copies.

Otis Spiker had them, for sure, because he included a few pages from other issues in his "Excelsior-Henderson Restoral Society" newsletters, but does anyone else have any from those months in 1919 or know where I might find them?

Thanks

Mark Hunnibell

I have all of these magazines. What article are you looking for. There are two September issues.

Bruce Linsday AMCA archivist

Comment

Mark......I'm not figuring out how to respond to private messaging. The article you want came out in installments, starting in August, running through October. 6 or 7 parts. I have the first five. If you send me your mailing address I will send you copies of what I have. It is, as you said, an interesting article. Bruce

Comment

Folks

Bruce was kind enough to scan and email to me five in the series of the story of my interest in the issues of the Pacific Motorcyclist and Western Wheelman that he had (August 21, September 4 & 18, and October 2 & 16, 1919), but it is clear that the articles continued, likely into November and maybe even December, but Bruce does not have them.

So... again... does anyone have these or know someone (offline) who might? I have checked numerous libraries and out-of-print booksellers... even the AMA (Pacific Motorcyclist and Western Wheelman an direct ancestor of AMA's American Motorcyclist magazine), all to no avail.

Thanks in advance.

Mark Hunnibell

Comment

Working...
        X