Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 38 Chief remove wheel hub race

Hi All,
    Can anyone point me in the right direction to remove the wheel hub race on my 38 Chief? The manual says 'remove the inner felt washer and drive or pull the outer race out of the hub'. Whilst I have removed the felt washer there isn't enough of a gap to get a puller in nor find an edge to drive out from the far side.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Ashley

I've been told to run an arc weld bead along them and they will just fall out. Tom

Comment

Originally posted by abetts View Post
      Hi All,
      Can anyone point me in the right direction to remove the wheel hub race on my 38 Chief? The manual says 'remove the inner felt washer and drive or pull the outer race out of the hub'. Whilst I have removed the felt washer there isn't enough of a gap to get a puller in nor find an edge to drive out from the far side.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Ashley
      Drill two 1/8 holes from the flange side 180 degrees apart into the web that's hiding the race edge so you can use a drift.
      Tom

Comment

I use the with the welder and it does the trick every time. The key is to crank up the heat on it but careful not to weld it to the hub!
        20scout

Comment

I've welded old screwdrivers to them for a handle to pull them out.
          Dale

Comment

Thanks fellas, some great tips there. After I posted I remembered I'd used the arc welder to get the head stem race out. It was a while back and somehow I didn't make the association. I obviously have a feeble mind

Comment

Working...
            X