L(.)(.)king for a pair--like these! ^(#_#)^

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L(.)(.)king for a pair--like these! ^(#_#)^

Greetings Ya'All. Is anyone sitting on these old streamliner 50's 6V Marker/Signals? Need a couple for the front fender on my 46' UL. Or, does anybody repop these? Thanks, take care. *M.A.D.*
    211jqsy.jpg
    Last edited by JoJo357; 05-24-2017, 07:29 PM. Reason: additional info.

IMG_0025.jpgThey are repopped available from JP for a little less than $200 a pair. You will pay over $200 for a beat up original. I have several pairs of originals and I also bought a set of the repops. The repops are every bit as nice as the originals with minimal difference. The glass lenses are a little thicker, the lenses retainers do not have the little indent dimple that secures the lenses to the body and the little tit that keeps the light straight is in a different location. I'll try to post a picture of the repops and originals. BobIMG_0022.jpg

Comment

WOW!!! That was PDQ!!! Thanks Bob, i thought i seen those originals made by someone, just could't remember who did em'. Take care, *M.A.D.*
      Last edited by JoJo357; 05-25-2017, 01:47 PM.

Comment

They are commonly called tailgunner lights. Aftermarket parts, never made by H-D.
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Thanks for jogging my Memory guys--C.R.S.-anymore--haha. A little bit of history for someone looking into these TailGunner lights. Nation-Bilt made them, and from some digging around, it looks like Matt Olsen was going to start fabrication a few years ago, but changed his mind. Thanks again guys. *M.A.D.* *P.s. The J&P set is 6V like the originals, but not pot metal.
          1962_Catalog_09.jpg532-845_A.jpg
          Last edited by JoJo357; 05-25-2017, 01:44 PM. Reason: additional picture

Comment

In my quest for some C()()L L(.)(.)KING vintage Turn/Markers i found these. Paul Wheeler? supposedly was making these saddlebag mount turn/markers. *M.A.D.*
            IMG_1477_zps96e2f8a1.jpg
            Last edited by JoJo357; 05-26-2017, 09:06 AM.

Comment

I think Paul Greenwood in Pa. sells them.

Comment

Originally posted by JoJo357 View Post
                In my quest for some C()()L L(.)(.)KING Turn/Markers i found these. Paul Wheeler? supposedly was making these saddlebag mount turn/markers. *M.A.D.*
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]19849[/ATTACH]
                Yes, Paul is having them made.
                Be sure to visit;
                http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

https://youtu.be/MJASKKUFh70 This LOOKS Familiar--Skip to 4:26 Time. *M.A.D.*
                  Last edited by JoJo357; 05-27-2017, 12:29 PM. Reason: additional info.

Comment

Howdy sir,

That's Mike King's 38 Knuckle with a pair of the original accessory bag plates. Be advised, or more accurately determine what you are getting in an repro. His are full depth to which the bags can be attached, there's version out there which I got and with much extra effort made work in my machine. They are not full depth, you have to make thin gauge sheet metal plates behind to actually hold your bags. This made challenging if using the original fender studs and crown nuts.

Cheerio,
                    Peter
                    1950 Vincent - A Red Rapide Experience

Comment

I think the 3/4 view from the right rear of a motorcycle is my favorite perspective. Beautiful bike, Peter; but then all your bikes are gorgeous.
                      Eric Smith
                      AMCA #886

Comment

Thanks Eric, funny how your perspective can change so quickly. Focused on getting that and the Shadow ready for the Colorado road run then boom, 90mph straight line winds, 1/3rd most wide spread power outage in Memphis/Shelby county history, many houses crushed in our tree-heavy city. Going to be down for up to two weeks, just threw out our food and sending this note from MIL's in next city. Can't see to work in the shop and improvising where power tools once provided effortless solution.
                        Cheerio,
                        Peter
                        1950 Vincent - A Red Rapide Experience

Comment

Sorry to hear that, Peter. Life is tough enough without natural disasters thrown in. My wife keeps telling me, we need to get a generator. Unfortunately, I just nod, pretend I'm listening, and hum a tune in my head when she goes into the generator spiel. Pretty stupid on my part, considering we're about a mile from the Gulf of Mexico.
                          Eric Smith
                          AMCA #886

Comment

Working...
                          X