Antique Motorcycle History books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antique Motorcycle History books

Hello, I was curious if someone could give me a list of a few of the best antique motorcycle books available covering the history of american motorcycles from 1890 to about 1920? I'd appreciate any insight, thanks.
    Dave

G'day.
    Must haves are Steven Wrights' American Racer Vol 1 (about to be re released. It is SUPERB.
    Also Stevens new book, History of American Motorcycles (probably got that wrong, but go to Amazon, enter Steven Wright, and you will find his books).
    These are both coffee table types, but the best book of their type I have ever seen.
    Harry Sucher and Jerry Hatfield are also some other authors you should search under.

Hope this helps.

Ken.

Comment

Baytown is right. Both of Stephen Wright's books have no equal. I just wanted to respond so I could pay tribute to Stephen Wright and his books that have given me many hours of reading and viewing enjoyment.

Comment

I know that with the price of American Racer reaching over $500 on Ebay recently, I still would not consider selling my copy. Must upset the buyer to know that it's comming out again soon!
        My copy of The American Motorcycle is signed for me by Stephen. He's a bloody nice bloke to deal with.

Best wishes from Australia.

Ken.

Comment

Hey Baytown.......
          What the heck is a bloke, and how did it get so bloody ???? Just Kidding...Levity and all.

Comment

Originally posted by flathead1957
            Hey Baytown.......
            What the heck is a bloke, and how did it get so bloody ???? Just Kidding...Levity and all.
            G'day Flat Head.

Ok, how's this: He's a darn nice guy!

Merry Christmas mate.

Ken.

Comment

American Racer book

Wow! You mean I have a vauable book $$?

Amazon values it more than E Bay.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/096...books&v=glance

Comment

Only till 2006. Stephen is pressing another print run, so sell yours fast!(Advertising this fact in the magazine)
                Merry Christmas mate.

Ken.

Comment

Working...
                X