Suggestions for Oley Newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for Oley Newbie

My first time attending Oley next week and I'm looking for suggestions. Will be there to drop some cash on parts for my 39 knuckle restoration. Official days are Friday and Saturday from what I see, but I also hear guys attend on Thursday, some as early as Wednesday. I know from other non-vintage meets that the good stuff often changes hands early on, but I also don't want to show up too early to an empty lot either. Is the show gated with admission fee, or can you just show up whenever and wonder around? Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

I'm near Harrisburg PA, about an hour from Oley, so meeting some local AMCA members would be cool.

Many thanks. Bob

We usually get there Thurs. afternoon and check things out. A lot of stuff does change hands between vendors but I don't know how you can counter act that. There is still plenty of stuff to check out. Go down the street to the Reading Motorcycle Club on Friday evening and catch the drag races. It's free and a blast plus the club house is open but bring your AMCA card to get in. They have a bar and food plus it is one of the oldest clubs in the country started in 1909 and incorporated in 1914. Great facility all around with a long and proud history. Also check out the fire house right next to the meet. They have a bar and food and lots of folks hang out there too!

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
    AMCA #12766

Comment

No gate fee just a parking fee. We show up on Wednesday and it's dead. Your not going to buy anything. We only go so I can get the trailer in without killing somebody.Bob L
      AMCA #3149
      http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

On Thursday there will be a lot of people and vendors set up. I am a local member from your area.
        Jim D

Comment

Working...
        X