No announcement yet.

help me out, i don't get it....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doc is alive and well, it was his girlfriend who passed back I the fall as a result of injuries in a car accident. Sorry if my wording was confusing.

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
    AMCA#12766

Comment

This bike was found in a junk yard near Belle Fouche, South Dakota by Bob Chantland of Anoka, Minnesota probably in the late 1980's or early 1990's. Farm kid built and rode it to beat 'the Indians" or so the story goes. Do not know where it is today. I saw it run and rode. Incredible example of American ingenuity by a poor farm kid that had absolutely no tools to work with. Was welded up using a homemade 'buzz box' welder.

Jerry

Originally posted by Jim View Post
      OK, Seeing some of these "homebuilts and Rat Rod Bikes" reminded me of when I was at the Hershey Fall meet back in 2010 I took these pictures. I'd love to see one of these monstrosities actually RUN down the road! Which makes me ask... anyone know where this "Bike" is now?
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]19527[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]19528[/ATTACH]
      Last edited by Jerry Wieland; 04-08-2017, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Wieland View Post
        This bike was found in a junk yard near Belle Fouche, South Dakota by Bob Chantland of Anoka, Minnesota probably in the late 1980's or early 1990's. Farm kid built and rode it to beat 'the Indians" or so the story goes. Do not know where it is today. I saw it run and rode. Incredible example of American ingenuity by a poor farm kid that had absolutely no tools to work with. Was welded up using a homemade 'buzz box' welder.

Jerry
        Great info that wasn't included on the small "info" sheet. I can't understand why someone would just junk it though. Then again... I DO know people that would have junked it because they couldn't see the larger picture! Sort of like... Beauty and the Beast right?
        Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

Working...
        X