Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunshine AMCA Meet - Hanson Sport Shield

Howdy chaps,

Does anyone have name/contact info for the chap selling the delicacies below? He was set up between Ziggy and the battery case guy. Believe he's out of Denver and associated with the Cannon Ball. Lost his business card and Google unsuccessful. I barely squeezed one in my back pack and didn't want to damage another one trying to wrestle with it on the long ride back to the house, but gotta have it now!

Cheerio,
    Peter
    1950 Vincent - A Red Rapide Experience

Check with Mike Kane,. Cave Creek, AZ. He sells them.

Comment

Howdy sir,

Thanks, I'm actually wanting to purchase the particular one in this lineup from that vendor that matches the crustiness and color (green apron) of my 346 to which it will be mounted. Know Mike Kane, he has some of the coolest accessories on his machines, one of which, the alloy bag mounting plates with spear and reflectors on his green 38 Knuckle launched me on a two year search for same for my 41 FL, that to which that shiny Hanson just purchased was affixed.
      Last edited by PRG; 03-22-2017, 11:48 PM.
      Cheerio,
      Peter

Comment

Oh, I figured you knew Mike but I guess I didn't fully understand your queery, (my fault). There is a guy from the Denver area named Gary Wright, he rode in a Cannonball but I have no idea if he was selling Hansons in FL. Good Luck. John Lindemann

Comment

Bingo, thanks JWL! One step closer, that's him, now to locate his contact info.
          Cheerio,
          Peter

Comment

I THINK his handle on this site might be gww. He owns and operates Wright Welding out of Colorado Springs, CO. A google search should yeild his contact info. John Lindemann
            Last edited by jwl; 03-24-2017, 01:07 AM.

Comment

Thank you sir, just ordered it, Ralphie awaits his air rifle for Christmas.
              Cheerio,
              Peter

Comment

The guy in Florida with the shields was Jason Sims. Do not have any contact info, although you should be able to get the info thru the Cannonball website. Jason is the Cannonball guru.

Comment

Thanks Highlander,

As luck would have it out of the pile of business cards I brought home narrowed down to a guy with a campground in Sturgis (Jason) and ordered another.

This is the shiny one shagged home in a too-small backpack resulting in a bloody back for the rider.

The crusty one arrived just this am and now affixed to an appropriately dusty trailhorse. Green 20 year old Fox grips sorta matching the apron.

Yes, as evidenced by some of Dale W's raffle machines there others made elsewhere likely shinier (chrome lens strap) but these were available now, no waiting, and I was in kinda NOW frame of mind and am most happy with the results.
                  Cheerio,
                  Peter

Comment

i like the look of your Indian with the shield , Rob

Comment

I have to admit that I have never been a fan of windshields for motorcycles. I can understand the functionality of them, but many of them ruin the looks a bike. So, having said all that, I really like the looks of the Hanson on your 2 motorcycles. What are your impressions of them as a functional accessory, Peter?
                      Eric Smith
                      AMCA #886

Comment

Howdy chaps,
                        Rob -
                        Ridden this machine for over 20 years 99% of the time without one but on rare occasions a period Buco. As Burger Hanson filed his patent in July 1945 so figured it appropriate for the 346. These are most often seen on Knuckles, rarely Indians of any vintage the pics below tipped me over the edge.

Eric - I too prefer the cleaner lines of no windshield having only one machine out of all of them fitted (FLH) prior to this. These were purchased entirely on the strength of form over function. At 6'5"with the proportions of a dachshund I sit far to high in any saddle for them to do much more that parch my sinuses with a vortex of wind over the top. Will say that they do take the wind off of your chest especially on the 346 with nearly 4 more inches than the Knuckle between seat post and steering head as you sit farther back and the shield top is an inch and a half higher in the retracted position. Have not yet ridden either with it deployed.
                        Cheerio,
                        Peter

Comment

I ride with my HSS in the up position 99.9% of the time on my 35 VL. At 70+ years and 100K miles on each of 3 Gold Wings(gasp)(the older 4 cylinder ones) behind a windshield, I'm admittedly spoiled. The HSS is good protection from bugs, sand, dust and wind.
                          My only complaint is that they do create an up-draft that will suck the smokes out of your shirt pocket if it's not buttoned.
                          Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

Originally posted by frichie68 View Post
                            My only complaint is that they do create an up-draft that will suck the smokes out of your shirt pocket if it's not buttoned.
                            Shouldn't the smokes be rolled up in your T-Shirt sleeve?
                            Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

Working...
                            X