Anyone near Lyndonville, VT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone near Lyndonville, VT?

Hello - in addition to vintage bikes I have other interests, one is woodworking.

There is an item on Craigslist in Lyndonville VT that I really want to purchase.

But the seller only wants local pickup. I would front the cost to pay for your time and travel to pick up the item and ship it to me via sending you payment via Paypal or
    Popmail. Popmail doesn't require a Paypal account.

If anyone is watching please let me know ASAP via this thread or PM I will work out the details and pay you for travel/effort. Would like to lock in on this item before it
    sells.
    Ray
    AMCA #7140

Hi Ray, just a suggestion--I offer full asking price, and then if they are stubborn about shipping, i'll boost em' some extra cash for the shipping inconvenience. Otherwise, FedEx or UPS will pick up merchandise at their home, and haul it to HQ, and then box it for you and ship it out. This will probably cost as much as an "outsider" doing the same thing as the carrier. Your free personal FedEx account takes about 3-4 minutes to set up on line also. Then the transfer can be done over the phone with the account number and your charge card. The FedEx account knocks off a percentage also. Good Luck. *M.A.D.*

Comment

Ray, lets get real here. What is it that you want someone to pick up and send for you? If it's a machine center? NO! We have a few people not to far from Lyndonvillle here. If it is beyond what someone can handle. Just google freight handling in the area. There are companies that specialize in this stuff these days.
      AMCA #3149
      http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

It's a woodworking tool. Porter Cable Omnijig 16" with 4 templates. The older discontinued type which I'm looking for.

https://vermont.craigslist.org/tls/5973207270.html

I am offering full asking price for the jig and all the templates. He won't discuss shipping though and wants the buyer to pick the piece up in person, inspect and pay cash.
        I can't get him to move off of that requirement.
        Last edited by rbenash; 02-18-2017, 10:57 PM.
        Ray
        AMCA #7140

Comment

Hi folks - thanks for the help/suggestions. I think I'm going to skip this one and watch for other ones for sale via more local craigslist and Ebay.
          Ray
          AMCA #7140

Comment

Working...
          X