nuts and Bolts articles for the magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nuts and Bolts articles for the magazine

Hi Guys! Its been my honor to put the Nuts and Bolts articles together, and I hope you are enjoying therm or finding something useful. I have received a bunch of emails and really appreciate the feedback. I wrapped up the electricity series with a segment on soldering coming out next. I'm looking for some input if any of you would lob me a few balls which I can run with. I know you guys are knowledgeable, and so not only would I like ideas for article topics, but you are welcome to submit tips and ideas which I can collate and publish with credits.

I have received a couple requests to do HD star hubs. Unfortunately I don't have any to work on at this time. Perhaps you are rebuilding some and could take pix and notes and help with an article. I know there is stock rebuilds and several methods to save pitted hubs. Yes, its on line too, but it would make a real interesting article.

Of course, just cuz I have HD doesn't mean the articles must be all HD. Most things apply in general principles, so don't hesitate with your tips, tricks, tools, methods. We can keep it basic or go advanced. Its really wide open and we can go pretty much anywhere.

I would also like to help with a list of useful websites. If you own one or use one that others could benefit from let me know. Here's one for you: www.hansonrivets.com

If your not comfortable writing, don't worry, I'll help you, and Bill Wood helps me!

My email is pocketvalve@gmail.com

Feel free to phone me between 7pm and 9 pm eastern at six 0 three four 0 one 88 five one

Dan
    Dan Margolien
    Yankee Chapter National Meet July 31/August 1 2020 at the TERRYVILLE Fairgounds, Terryville CT.
    Www.yankeechapter.org
    Pocketvalve@gmail.com

Dan, I have a 'thing' for star hubs, and I wrote a 'blog' several years ago on basic rebuilding of star hubs, including how to 'plug fit' for correct roller size. I really enjoy working on star hubs, have a fair amount of experience with them (over 40 years), and I also recently restored a set of star hubs for my '52FL restoration project, and took a lot of photos. I have several other hubs, some disassembled, some still together. It would not be too hard for me to put an article together.
    I do not have the means to restore severely pitted or worn-beyond-service hubs, I feel that's another subject. And I know who to contact when I need that done.
    I am by no means an expert on star hubs; I think it's a very basic and simple process to rebuild them, and most guys with basic mechanical skills do their own. I've also had my hands on variety of aftermarket and OEM parts, and can point out the differences, and possible pitfalls to avoid.
    I'd be glad to help. If you'd like to pursue it, let me know either here or via PM.
    Regards,
    Tom
    Last edited by Rooster; 12-12-2016, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the offer Tom!! Let's talk and get a plan together.
      Dan
      Dan Margolien
      Yankee Chapter National Meet July 31/August 1 2020 at the TERRYVILLE Fairgounds, Terryville CT.
      Www.yankeechapter.org
      Pocketvalve@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by DanM View Post
        Thanks for the offer Tom!! Let's talk and get a plan together.
        Dan
        I will call you soon, Dan.

Comment

Working...
        X