2016 Cannonball coverage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Cannonball coverage

The 2016 coast-to-coast Cannonball Ride kicks off Saturday. This year, every bike making the 3,319-mile trip from Atlantic City, New Jersey, to Carlsbad, California, will be at least 100 years old. And nearly all of them will be ridden by AMCA members. I'll be driving the sweep truck again, and I hope to share daily updates in the Club News section of the website. You can find a preview story there now, with info on all the public stops where you can see Cannonball riders from coast to coast. Here's a link: http://www.antiquemotorcycle.org/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=113&cntnt01origid=221&cntnt01returnid=97

Bill Wood

Thanks Bill, I enjoyed your 2014 reports...even though I was on that run.

Comment

Bill,

Am I the only one who will confess I'd rather read your reports while comfortably sipping my morning coffee than spend eight hours every day in the barely sprung saddle of a rigid-frame bike trying by sheer willpower to nurse it to the next stop? And then wake up the next morning and do it all over again. And again.
      Last edited by BoschZEV; 09-07-2016, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Vey best of luck to all participants & support crews, may God speed to all of you. Wish I could be there,but will settle for Bill's great commentaries

Rick Stambaugh

Comment

Is the detailed route know yet? I'd like to meet up with them as they stop for lunch in Missouri on the 15th.

Comment

They give out the night stops not the roads traveled.

Comment

Gents
              how do these pre 1915 bikes run on this ethanol gas? I started using Aviation gas in my panhead and what a difference. No more fouled plugs. After one ride she was smoking a lot, so much that I thought a valve guide went bad. In the morning I looked at the plugs and they were tan. It must have been the greasy build up in the pipes burning off.
              Last edited by Mickey Yak; 09-09-2016, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Just type in "Motorcycle Cannonball" and you will have all of the information that is made public. I'll be at the lunch stop in WV on Monday. Can't wait.
                Fred
                Fred Davis AMCA #9176

Comment

Here is the link that Bill posted in clickable form

http://www.antiquemotorcycle.org/ind...t01returnid=97
                  1914 P&M
                  1915 Indian (project)
                  1930 M50 Panther
                  1958 M35sport Panther

Comment

I have that information, Thanks. I wanted to hook up with TR riding 101. the web site does not have a lunch stop posted for the 15th. I'm not sure when the riders get the route information, At the start of the race, or each day.

Comment

each day...Cape or springfield to meet in MO

Comment

Today, riders were making final preparations for the start of the 2016 Cannonball on the historic Boardwalk in Atlantic City. And tonight's opening banquet was the final event before the 16-day 3,314-mile ride leaves in the morning on the first leg of a transcontinental trip. We've got 91 riders, all on motorcycles made more than 100 years ago.

Here's a link to tonight's update: http://www.antiquemotorcycle.org/ind...t01returnid=97

Bill Wood

Comment

Just got home from meeting them at the first day's lunch stop in Darlington, Md. What a spectacle! I'll get some pics up later. Dale

Comment

2016 Cannonball Photos

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X