VL Total Loss Solved.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VL Total Loss Solved.

Greeting's, just watched an interesting video on YouTube entitled... "HARLEY-DAVIDSON 1932 VL'' *(LOSCAR MOTORCYCLES)* Looks like it might have originated somewhere in Spain? They seem to have made one helluva engineering change on the 32' VL they were restoring. Check it out! **P.s. Someone here in the USA should make this kit/service.
    Last edited by JoJo357; 09-04-2016, 02:54 AM.

Here is the link.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75Njdvhk96g
    Be sure to visit;
    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

While you're at it, add 12 volt system and electric start . . . that wouldn't be "original" either. I don't see the point.
      Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

That shows what a skilled engineer with time on his hands can do, but it would would result in a kit costing a few thousand dollars. We have another '35 VL in Europe where a model engineer has turned it into a recirculating oil system. It wasn't just the VLs of course, but every Harley built until the 1936 knucklehead that had once through oiling, and that's 450,000 bikes. There were 19 VLs on the last Cannonball Run and most of them finished the 4,000 mile run, so once through oiling can't be all that bad.

Comment

Steve, and Fritchie68, I totally agree. What's the point.

Essentially he tried to turn his VL into a UL. From my experience, a UL rebuild job doesn't last significantly longer than a VL between motor service.

If he got 100k miles between rebuilds like an Evo...Then I'd be impressed

Comment

Can't make this sTuFF uP--haha. Most of the members of the AMCA have been around the hAt, including little ole' me. What i find bizarre is a lack of memory of the period of the American Motorcycle scene/history in the past let's say 60 plus years! When i was growing up in the 50-60's, customizing your scooter was an extremely personal way of defining yourself and having fUn! Even if the mods were not up to everyone's criteria, You still received a pat on the back and a beer for at least making the attempt and effort to be..."Yourself"?*$#?! Now lets jump to current present day age & Society. Customizing your antique Motorcycle has turned into..."Are You frickin' cRaZy" for making that change or Modification to your mostly original 25' JD!!! How about the dude recently on FleaBay that can't sell his UL because he's 10 grand higher than what a Motorcycle in that condition sells for, and actually has the gall to let everyone know that the crybaby will piece the Bike out if it doesn't sell this last time he's offering it in auction! He's not isolated either, 5 weeks ago another guy on the right coast was going to do the same with his 48' Indian Chief, except in this particular case, he had a give away phenomenal deal??? Man-Oh-Manachevis how the times have changed. Besides, what does that say for the suppliers who run a business making quality aftermarket parts designed off the original blueprints/mold or piece up??? Hey Tom Faber/Cycle, please scrap those Aftermarket Flanders copy handlebars or any other vintage part you fab--right into the dumpster--they ain't originals!!! *Question: I wonder if this guy in Spain who just did the 'Mother of Invention' oil mod on his 'mostly original' Beautiful 32' VL, decided to put the whole rig up for sale. Then you take some jump on the current Fading Fad Bandwagon BARN FIND P.O.S that someone "totally neglected" for the past 50 to 70 years!!! Who comes out a-head??? I love it when someone shoots a video on how they started an old Indian or H.D., and got it started in an hours worth of time & effort. Why don't you show me even a lousy 50 mile round trip with that same hour start up job--i would pay $$ to be a fly on his speedo--haha. Ahhhhhhh I feel a little better now that i got some of that off my chest! Bring it on fellow AMCA Members, i know some guys are going to try and give me both sHoTGun Barrels!? Anyway, i have to find a coil for my 52' RoadMaster N.Y. State Police issue Indian. Should i call Ziggy and get runnin', or pay someone on fleabay/elsewhere for a maybe original High Dollar barn find that's slightly used and take my chances... cuz it's an original? Decisions Decisions!!! **P.s. The 52' Indian is Not for Sale!!!--it will probably go to the grave with me, talk about originality!!! ***One final note: Back in the 70's i had a 25' JD, the gas tank side had numerous decent sized holes throughout it's span--but it was an 'ORIGINAL'. Being on a budget at the time, i coiled roughly 15' of clear 7/8'' gas tubing crammed inside the tank. Needless to say, fill-ups at the pumps were... HILARIOUS---kinda' like some of the posts in regard to...Originality!!! C'ya.
            Last edited by JoJo357; 10-02-2016, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X