Indian Chief 1936 breakdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian Chief 1936 breakdown

Hi ! After a great ride to the International Indian rally in Germany I had a major breakdown. I need a front cylinder to my 36 Chief.

Does anyone have a front cylinder to let go ???

I´m greatful for every offer.

Here is a picture of the old.

Thanks

Juha Finholm Finland
    Attached Files

Originally posted by 74moto View Post
    Hi ! After a great ride to the International Indian rally in Germany I had a major breakdown. I need a front cylinder to my 36 Chief.

Does anyone have a front cylinder to let go ???

I´m greatful for every offer.

Here is a picture of the old.

Thanks

Juha Finholm Finland
    You could try Bobsindiansales on ebay.I think he has had some listed.Sure not much cylinder wall left after the sleeve installation.
    Good luck.

Comment

Juha i have had this happen too , it must have been an os piston ,there is not much wall thickness on that barrel , there is that indian fella in Flordia t macdonnell ,he sells on ebay too.

Comment

I have a friend that says a late Chief cylinder can be "sculpted" to look like an early cylinder. . . I'm only repeating what he said and I have no experience doing that. I can only imagine that it would be a lot of work, but one of those India made, Indian cylinders might be an affordable possibility.
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

Thank You Gentlemen ! All ideas have been taken under consideration. We still have a month or two of deacent riding weather so the quickest way to get back on the road might be finding a useable cylinder. Sculpting may be done during boring winter evenings if no other cylinder will be found.

Thanx Juha

Comment

Worth a call to Kent Thompson in New Hampshire 1 603 585 6933

Comment

I have seen them on Vintagecyclebay.com; however, there are not any for sale on there right now. I would check now and then to see if anymore comes up for sale if you have the time to wait.

Comment

I did this drawing at work, got paid for it, and it was fun to do. I also have a pair of H-D cylinders that are in great shape but one of them has a cracked base so they got retired. I've wondered if a repair like this could be done to get some more life out of it; knowing full well that it will look like hell. Panhead cylinders aren't exactly rare, but a '36 Indian cylinder is, and if Juha can have a few more months of riding, maybe it's worth it. Laugh if you must, but explain why.

Last edited by exeric; 08-10-2016, 02:01 PM.
                Eric Smith
                AMCA #886

Comment

Good News !

I´m waiting for pictures of a set of cylinders. I hope they are useable.

Thanks for Your help !

Have a great weekend

Juha

Comment

Working...
                  X