Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting 1902 Statistics from "The Motor World" magazine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting 1902 Statistics from "The Motor World" magazine.

This is a list of casualties from a week in October of 1902. It shows the totals of injuries and people killed from railroad, trolley, horse, bicycle and automobile accidents. Curiously, no mention at all of motorcycles. Two full pages of entry's from all over the country. And we've always heard motorcycle were so dangerous.
    I'm certain that this is not a complete list. How could it be back in 1902. I find it pretty amazing as it is.

Back then railroad accidents were extremely common. Four week total for all casualties was: Killed-375, Injured-801. Oh my!
    Attached Files

Originally posted by pem View Post
    This is a list of casualties from a week in October of 1902. It shows the totals of injuries and people killed from railroad, trolley, horse, bicycle and automobile accidents. Curiously, no mention at all of motorcycles. Two full pages of entry's from all over the country. And we've always heard motorcycle were so dangerous.
    I'm certain that this is not a complete list. How could it be back in 1902. I find it pretty amazing as it is.

Back then railroad accidents were extremely common. Four week total for all casualties was: Killed-375, Injured-801. Oh my!

Official Federal figures for Motor Vehicle accidents indicate that there were 79 fatalities in 1902. In 2007 (the last listing in the table) there were 41,059 deaths due to motor vehicle accidents.

AFJ

Comment

Working...
    X