Cannonball Route Maps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannonball Route Maps?

Hey Folks - I don't have a bike old enough to be considered for any of the Cannonball runs. "Only" have a '65 FLH resort, a 1959 BMW R26, and an '81 Honda GL1100i.
    IU'm retired now for not quite 2 years, so have had some times to do some shake downs on the old bikes.

My Brother is retiring next year and wants to do a coastal run. I've done many high mileage E-W runs in the past, but thought it would be cool to follow one of the Cannonball
    routes. Still figuring whether I run the '65 Pan or the '81 Wing. Long story there in terms of why I would choose one over the other. But then how cool would it be to say I took an old BMW R26? Frankly I think any of the 3 would make it handily, just need to plan appropriately. But I digress.

Not sure if I would do back to back or just do one way just yet.

Reason I am posting is that I would like to pick one of the Cannonball routes. Is there somewhere I can go upload previous Cannonball routes or go buy them? I'd like to take the
    time and take a slow trip based on 2 lane black top as much as possible.

Can someone let me know where to go and find the route maps for the previous Cannonball runs? PM is fine but posting directly is great as well.

Thanks in advance.

?
    Ray
    AMCA #7140

howdo Ray, dont know of anywhere you could go to see the routes turn for turn as they are fairly lengthily at least i think so. i could ask Lonnie if there top secret or anyone's pee pee would get stepped on, if not it would take me a bit but i could write the course down. they see alot of country on the back and side roads. its pretty great. and would be even greater not to be under the clock. have NY to San Fran, and Fl to Wash. which would you be interested in?
    and congrats on making it to retirement.. i m sure your brother an you will have great times.. gary
    gww57.com

Comment

Actually both would be nice, but FL to Washington would fit as my brother would be leaving from FL and I could link up with him on the way instead of him running up to PA first, etc. I've pretty much done the run similar to the AC, NJ out previous a couple times.
      Ray
      AMCA #7140

Comment

Working...
      X