Internet Parts Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Parts Site

I would like to pass on some information that may help someone find a part they need. Check out www.vintagecyclebay.com. I was able to find a part I was looking for that I couldn't find here, in the magazine, on eBay etc. for over a year, but was able to find it on cyclebay.

Thank you. Bill in Oregon
    Bill Gilbert in Oregon

Comment

I have been trying to look at this site but it is so sloooooooooooooooooowwwww, is it just me or that how you found it too ?

Not only that but I decided to provide some feedback to them so clicked the email support link in the welcome email. Composed my message, hit send and almost immediately received an "Undeliverable" reply, "email address couldn't be found". It is not inspiring much faith !!!!

Cheers
      Steve
      Last edited by panthersteve; 04-12-2016, 11:38 PM.
      1914 P&M
      1915 Indian (project)
      1930 M50 Panther
      1958 M35sport Panther

Comment

Steve,
        I too thought it was my computer (windows) being very slow. I opened the site up on my Mac and it popped open much quicker. Hope the bugs are worked out! Might be a nice alternative to flea-bay!
        William
        William Edwards, AMCA #10035

Attend the 2019 Southern National Meet at Denton Farmpark, NC, 17-18 May 2019
        http://www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com/

Comment

I've bought parts from him before and he's always delivered no issues and the parts have been of excellent quality. The one negative experience I had was one time I'd added to my "cart" a front brake lever handle and requested my total for check out but was told that the part was no longer available due to someone buying it over the phone. That issue has never happened for me on eBay so I guess if you want to buy something from Jacob Junker (the guy who runs the site) I'd suggest you call and get it put aside for you with your name on it, since I don't think he monitors the shopping website as much as the phones. Other than that he has some nice hard to find parts that almost never show up on eBay.
          AMCA # 3233

Comment

Additional information on vintagecyclebay.com. To communicate with the site or sellers, you must register for an account. Also, I have found it too be very slow at certain times of the day. Also, I have found that if you get off the site, then come back minutes later, it has worked very fast; can't explain why this is, but I have found that it works sometimes.

Comment

I thought vintage cycle bay was owned by Gary Stark as an alternative way to sell his Indian stuff.

Jerry

Comment

Yes, very slow response times at times.
                Bill Gilbert in Oregon

Comment

Working...
                X