Trying to reach Gwen Banquer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to reach Gwen Banquer

Would anyone have a valid phone or email to reach Gwen Banquer (I believe he is in Florida). Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks,
    Eric

Is this him?

http://www.realclassic.co.uk/banq03112600.html

Gwen Banquer, (772) 335-1917, 2431 SE Morningside Blvd, Port Saint Lucie, FL 34952

Comment

WOW! A Broughly!

I think you can almost build a real Brough from repo spares now.
      Evo is still an ugly looking engine in my opion.
      The 1000cc JAP engine really is a bit of magic. Also, he kinda missed the point of a Broughs rear susspension.

I've got to hand it to this guy - he is creative. But I still feel that you could build a real period correct American bobber for less money.

In fact some guys did put earily brit parts on amer bikes to shave weight. Lighter narrower girder forks for eg.

Comment

I gotta agree with you there, the Banquer Superior doesn't do it for me but then again I'm lucky enough to have the real thing. I suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder and Gwen's bike is certainly a step up from the American Chopper "Brough". Leno must have been clenching his teeth when he first laid eyes on that monstrosity. Yes, you can pretty well buy a very nice repop of the real thing from Alex Card in England. Ex speedway champ and Brough restorer , Ken Middleditch, got the first one. It was written up in The Classic motorcycle. Of course you'd better come with a fat wallet! I like Gwen's "Crocker" 101's better than the BS REP.

Comment

OK! Got my attention. What model Crocker does he have? Anything interesting or special about it? Besides the fact that he HAS a Crocker.

Comment

NO he does NOT have a Crocker. Years ago he obtained through me a set of unmachined Crocker 101 scout ohv conversion heads ( this was Al Crocker's first venture) from the late Milby Jones. He then made up some new sets of these and fabricated some bobber bikes which he sold. One was on the cover of our magazine. He called it a Crocker but there was not one original Crocker piece on the whole bike! You be the judge.

Comment

JohnR: Thanks for the info but I tried that phone # and it doesn't seem to work. Anyone else know another way of contacting Gwen?

That Bruff "replica" is a nice effort but looks goofy from my point of view. On the other hand the original BS looks goofy to me too. The J.A.P engine is really what makes the BS cool. Take that out and you got yourself a goofy brit bike. HA!

The Crocker OHV thing is the reason I'm trying to contact Gwenn.
              Eric

Comment

Working...
              X