No announcement yet.

Hello from Fremont

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No - He had gas and spark but it never lit up or even popped. I would have loved to have looked at it but there were too many mechanics already.

Jerry

Originally posted by Shaky Jake View Post
    Thanks for posting the pix. I was only there Thurs, helping set up. Seeing the pictures makes me wish I'd come back on Friday. Does anybody know if Mark Roth ever got that original 1915 Indian running?

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Wieland View Post
      No - He had gas and spark but it never lit up or even popped. I would have loved to have looked at it but there were too many mechanics already.

Jerry
      He said the compression measured 45 psi. I think it's just too low. It was lovely to behold though. Here's a pic.

image.jpg

Kevin

Last edited by Shaky Jake; 03-02-2016, 06:04 PM.
      Kevin
      https://www.youtube.com/c/motodesoto

Comment

I know how Mark Roth felt. I've been getting my ass whupped by my '16J until today. I have had the Silver Sands meet as my target date for the past 6 months and here it is, my last effective day for results and still nothing. I tried jumping on it this morning, and nothing. I decided I would re-time it from the pinion gear up, and if it didn't run I would walk away and go to the meet without a motorcycle for the first time in many years. Well, I must have been off a tooth, or God know what; but the old girl ran for the first time in who knows when. I am a terrible engine mechanic and really struggle with motors so it is a major personal victory to get this bike to run. We'll both be at Silver Sands on Friday. . . . . And Mark, don't give up.

Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

That's a beauty Eric. It would be faster with a chain.

Kevin

Kevin
          https://www.youtube.com/c/motodesoto

Comment

That would help, wouldn't it Kevin Actually, it looks a bit different today as I have put the fender rack on, and a chain. My plan is to license it, subject it to pulling a Rogers sidecar, and ride it a lot. But we're still in the baby step phase.
            Eric Smith
            AMCA #886

Comment

Originally posted by Shaky Jake View Post
              Thanks for posting the pix. I was only there Thurs, helping set up. Seeing the pictures makes me wish I'd come back on Friday. Does anybody know if Mark Roth ever got that original 1915 Indian running?
              Kevin

ve
              Bruce Lindsay had a big old drill coupled to the drive side, and I thought I heard a few weak pops, but that was it. Fun to see things like that happening, that and the bikes that were rolled to the big door for noise exhibitions. ... next year who knows what?!

Comment

AMCA #765

Comment

AMCA #765

Comment

AMCA #765

Comment

AMCA #765

Comment

AMCA #765

Comment

AMCA #765