2016 Canonball Route Details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Canonball Route Details

Anyone know the exact route numbers the Cannonball will take particularly through PA and WV? From the map on the website, it looks like they are stopping for the night in WV on Sunday Sept 11th. Anyone know what hotel they will be at? That's only an hour or so from me so might plan on heading down.

Thanks
    Jason Zerbini
    Near Pittsburgh PA (Farm Country)
    Allegheny Mountain Chapter http://amcaamc.com/

They will never publish the route. They will only publish the starting and ending points for each day. The riders themselves will not get the riding instructions until the late evening before and even then it is coded to help prevent the use of GPS. The reason for this is to prevent clogging the roads. If you know the area you night be able figure out the route.

They try to prevent it but there is nothing legally to stop you from trailing along - roads are public domain. There were always riders following us.

Jerry

Comment

Thanks Jerry. I was wondering if it was intentionally not published and that's understandable. Not much in the way of direct east/west routes in northern WV due to the mountains so that narrows it down quite a bit.
      Jason Zerbini
      Near Pittsburgh PA (Farm Country)
      Allegheny Mountain Chapter http://amcaamc.com/

Comment

You can google it and it shows the complete route and each stop city by city, I just typed in 2016 cannonball run, thanks, Larry

Comment

Larry This route is only approximate unless they have changed their method of doing it. The cities are given by Cannonball but the route is generated by google which is only guessing.

Originally posted by 36 knuck man View Post
          You can google it and it shows the complete route and each stop city by city, I just typed in 2016 cannonball run, thanks, Larry
          i

Comment

Oh, Ok I understand Jerry, I just thought that was the route, thanks so much for your help, Larry

Comment

Ok, does anyone know what city stops there are ? I know it is coming thru sothern Ohio. Sure would like to ride down and see.

Comment

Canonball route

Originally posted by HENNIGAN62 View Post
                Ok, does anyone know what city stops there are ? I know it is coming thru sothern Ohio. Sure would like to ride down and see.
                There is nothing nicer after 8 hours on the road than to make the turn into town and see a great group of enthusiasts waiting to welcome you.
                Unfortunately, a little patient is needed in regards to actual town stops etc. Lonnie and John Classon have a lot to plan in order to make things run smooth for all concerned.
                I know he will announce the stops in good time for you to make plans to meet the Canonball riders.
                Though I'm bit of loner, I know that the majority by far, really enjoy seeing and meeting the enthusiasts at the nightly stops.
                Regards10E

Comment

I had published a story abt the German Team just recently in my Blog. The stages are shown.

http://www.americancycles.blogspot.d...sche-team.html

Go to the Box "translate" on the right side and choose your language. The text will be automaticlly shown in english (or any other language). But be prepared for a funny translation.

Thomas
                  AMCA Member #16550
                  My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by 10E View Post
                    There is nothing nicer after 8 hours on the road than to make the turn into town and see a great group of enthusiasts waiting to welcome you.
                    Unfortunately, a little patient is needed in regards to actual town stops etc. Lonnie and John Classon have a lot to plan in order to make things run smooth for all concerned.
                    I know he will announce the stops in good time for you to make plans to meet the Canonball riders.
                    Though I'm bit of loner, I know that the majority by far, really enjoy seeing and meeting the enthusiasts at the nightly stops.
                    Regards10E
                    10e. Thanks for the reply. I will keep an eye out. Look forward to riding our old iron to see all of your even older iron

Comment

Does anyone know what hotel the Cannonball run will stop at in Morgantown WV (9/11) and Chillicothe OH (9/12)?

Comment

Working...
                      X