Production Numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Production Numbers

Does anyone production numbers for the 1938 ULH and 1941 FL? If the 1938 numbers starts at 38ULH1000 and ends at 38ULH6800 can I assume 5800 were produced and 38ULH3900 would have been produced during June/July? I would appreciate any info or thoughts that anyone has on this. Thanks

Two things to remember,
    All stampings were in "families" of engines, So U, UH, UL, and ULH, could be anywhere within the sequence and no number was duplicated on a different model.
    Production did not follow months in a year, it was heaviest at the beginning of the model year (late summer,early Fall of the preceding year) and ended by mid-late Summer of the Calendar year. More bikes were built early to be able to supply dealers initial orders, then production slowed for the remainder of the year based on re-orders.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

So, if we knew how many big twin side valves were made for 1938, about all we can guesstimate is that about half that number may be considered early 1938 and the last half could be late 1938? I`m just trying to figure out if my 38 engine would be early or late or whatever. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by diablo View Post
        So, if we knew how many big twin side valves were made for 1938, about all we can guesstimate is that about half that number may be considered early 1938 and the last half could be late 1938? I`m just trying to figure out if my 38 engine would be early or late or whatever. Thanks
        The date code cast into the case will give you a good idea.
        Be sure to visit;
        http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
        Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
        Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Working...
        X