aftermarket springers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aftermarket springers

guys - does anyone know if the vtwin offset big twin springers are the same as the ones from w&w overseas?? if they come from two different places, any strong opinions on one over the other? any big differences between the two? just trying to make a rider out of my project.

thanks for any info.

happy thanksgiving to all.

If you're not building a real stock machine, you might consider a springer from a late model Springer Softail.
    VPH-D

Comment

I might be wrong, but as far as I know they are all from the same manufacturer in Europe (Poland).

Comment

Yes, as far as I know it is Aad Samwel of Samwel Supplies in the Nertherlands who has the forks made for him in Poland, with V-Twin and W&W surely being his biggest customers. He makes a big range, including hill climb forks and various extended chopper styles. I believe he also makes the repro Harley 45 frames and the 4-speed 45 gearbox. Aad stopped retailing about ten years ago, so you'll need to buy through his distributors.

Comment

Thanks everyone.

Comment

Dear All, I understand that V-Twin are now having their forks made in China, and these are of lesser quality than the European made items.

Comment

Not trying to stir up controversy here but I was told by a reliable source that all modern HD springers are "glued" together and not welded. May be an acceptable method but doesn't sound as reliable as welding or brazing to me. Any one able to shed some light on this?

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
              AMCA #12766

Comment

V-Twin forks are from Taiwan. Not good. I built a friend a period bobber using V-Twin "Replica" wishbone frame, offset fork, bobbed fenders, etc. Spent an additional 20 hours grinding, jacking, hammering, twisting things into somewhat fitting. Had to send the "replica" neck cups to my machinist to be modified to work. Even had to make sleeves to go inside the shorty mufflers to fit the pipes. Was wise enough to buy Tom Faber's handlebars. Just noticed this is an old thread, but maybe he is still thinking about it

Comment

I have sold several of SamWel's springers and have never had a complaint.
                  mike@texashillcountrycycles.com

Comment

Working...
                  X