Vol. 54 # 6 magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vol. 54 # 6 magazine

I'm not one to usually complain about not receiving my magazine in a timely manner, but I thought I would ask if alot of people have received theirs? There seems to have been some chatter about the mag. as in people have already received them. Thought I would ask before I call Cornerstone. Thanks.
    Bob Rice #6738

Got mine Friday.
    Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

Somewhat off subject but I've been TRYING to order a 2016 calendar for five days now... Website wouldn't take my password, "Forgot password" (We'll email you a temporary password)-NONE RECEIVED. 4 TIMES.
      Emailed "Contact us" TWICE. No reply.
      Do we really need a different user name and password, 1 each for the Forum, one for Virtual Library and yet another one for Merchandise????
      I wonder if I need the dang calendar bad enough to snail mail a check.
      Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

I like the snail mail, the checkbook, lickin' stamps, waiting, as opposed to sharing my darned credit card number and the 3-digit super-secret security code.
        I like that patience can still endure like it used to before we had instant response keyboards.
        If we still like magnetos and carburetors, we can just as well like the postal systems too.

Comment

Different sites and passwords for AMCA and ordering AMCA stuff is hard to get through EVERY year.
          Bill Gilbert in Oregon

Comment

BigLakeBob:

With the Board's approval (thanks, guys), we now have added tracking to every magazine when it gets mailed. In Ohio, the large majority of magazines were delivered by Nov. 9 (I got mine in the Columbus area on the 6th). But there are pockets where delivery takes much longer, and it looks like you're right in the middle of one of them. Out of 27 magazines that should be delivered to the 453 zip-code region around Dayton, it looks like only 2 have actually arrived.

Like all publications, we get a huge discount on mailing costs, but that comes with the understanding that we don't get the same priority as first-class mail. This time of year is particularly difficult, because we're competing with about a million catalogs going out for the Christmas season.

The tracking system is a new tool for us, so we're still figuring out how it all works, but we've long suspected there some late "pockets" existed in places. The question is whether these are recurring problem areas or if this is a one-time problem in that part of the country. Do you usually receive your magazine on time or is it typically late?

Bill Wood

Comment

Bill, I almost always get it before other friends of mine, so I would say on time. They have had theirs' for about (maybe) 2 weeks, that is why I asked. I'll hang loose for a while, probably just a fluke. Thanks for the response and tracking info.
              Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Got mine on Vancouver Island in western Canada on Tuesday the 17th.

Comment

Got mine today, 19th. And thanks for bringing up about the calendar, I had forgotten, ordered mine yesterday. Thanks.
                  Bob Rice #6738

Comment

BigLakeBob:

Thanks for the update. I will look for your delivery to show up in our tracking system!

Bill Wood

Comment

Bill
                      If it helps your tracking data mine showed up with yesterdays morning mail. 19-11-2015
                      Peter Thomson, a.k.a. Tommo
                      A.M.C.A. # 2777
                      Palmerston North, New Zealand.

Comment

Peter:

OK, so the same time frame from the printing plant in Illinois to Ohio or New Zealand. And people wonder why I have so little hair left .

Bill Wood

Comment

Working...
                        X