Error in AMCA Magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error in AMCA Magazine

If you know AMCA member and carburetor guru Cotten, you were probably surprised to see him associated with a different company in a tech column in the November/December issue of the AMCA magazine. In fact, if you know Cotten well, you probably thought, "What idiot wrote that?"

Well, as it turns out, that idiot was me.

Cotten has been performing services at his shop in Lacon, Illinois, for years using his own PEEK (polyetheretherketone) intake-manifold seals, which he pioneered back in 2000. Unfortunately, that's not what it says on page 66 of the AMCA mag, and that's my fault entirely.

So, if you like the guide to understanding old carburetors in the Nuts & Bolts column ("Watching Your Carbs") in the November/December issue, please thank author David Lloyd, who did all the hard work before I managed to insert a mistake.

I apologize for confusing anybody.

Bill Wood

Bill, if this is the worst error you can be accountable for, you are doing pretty well. Thanks for all you do.
    Denise

Comment

In my colum,there were many edited inserts that would not have come from my mouth as well
      But thanx anyway,all is OK

Comment

Bill
        You, Greg and Denny, do a great job with the Mag. It just keeps getting better.
        BTW: There are five AMCA Chapter that cooperate to present the Wauseon National Meet; River Valley, Wolverine, Ohio Valley, Maumee Valley and Lake Erie.
        Thanks for all that you do.
        Fred
        Fred Davis AMCA #9176

Comment

Well, shame on you. If we are going to tear up on things they spelled my name wrong. LOL.
          D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

Security! Take away his birthday.
            I don't mean to brag but; I put together a puzzle in only a week when the box clearly said "2-4 years".

Comment

Working...
            X