Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NICE! San Diego hist. M/C photos online.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NICE! San Diego hist. M/C photos online.

Nice collection of M/C photos online.
    http://www.sandiegohistory.org/colle...torcyclesc.htm

Very cool Admin-Dude! Those were awesome pictures! If time machines only existed I'd be on the next one to San Diego circa 1920!

Comment

wouldnt it be nice just to talk to those people1

Comment

You got that right INLINE4NUT. Could you imagine the info you could gather regarding the old cycles? Not to mention some good down to earth motorcycle conversation. It's certainly an era I don't think we can forget even if we only know it through pictures. Hey has the weather been good enough where your at for a ride? I'm still getting the odd blast of snow, but I'm just about ready to go.

Comment

CO,
          No but it wont be long! I saw plenty of bikes out today,but nothin old maybe in a few weeks will take a pic and post it!!!

Comment

Right on INLINE4NUT! Yeah, I know there definitely is a lot more bikes on the road now than you used to see. Which is a good thing. If only we could see more guys riding their old iron. It will be good to see a pic of one of your rides. Keep 'er rubber side up!

Comment

FANTASTIC PICS, THANKS FOR POSTING THEM

Comment

Great pics! Still cool here too, must be about 75 outside.....BRRR.

Louie

Comment

Did I catch a hint of Sarcasm Louie? Ha! Ha! It's 40 degrees here with gale force winds. I'm thinking of hauling out the Scout and holding up a sail!

Comment

Louie,
                    Thanks for rubbin it in!!!

Comment

Those are the types of photos and info I search for and use on my New Jersey Historic Motorcycle Society web page at www.NJHMCS.net

I'll tell you, its hard digging this stuff up! Especially the stories or info that goes with those old photos. And keeping the photos and info Regional, in my case New Jersey, is even harder!! Every find is like christmas morning to me!! I have a few things that I need to add to my website this weekend. Haven't updated it in awhile. That's another thing...TIME...never have enough of it!!

I know that here in Jersey the NJ State Police have some nice Archival photos of their motorcycles. I'll post their web site later when I find it....some great pics in their collection.

Anybody else have a collection of Regional photos or know of a Town or State Historical website that has early motorcycles in them??

Later, Hrdly

PS...Anybody have any New Jersey M/C related items??

Comment

Thanks, fantastic old photos!

This one had me stumped. The OHV engine reminded me of a Pope engine (tall with a low crank, almost pointing down). But the bike didn't look right. I think the lettering on the tank may say "Jefferson." Since I know nothing about Jeffersons except they were made in Jefferson, Wis., that gets my vote.

http://www.sandiegohistory.org/colle...ges/17778x.jpg

I like this gal's spunky attitude!

http://www.sandiegohistory.org/colle...ges/ut6686.jpg

Comment

I'd have to agree with you on the vote Bob! I also believe you've identified the bike correctly. I'm no expert and if anyone can polish up my knowledge I would welcome it. But I think the tell tale signs were the overhead valves and the vertical leaf front fork. Isn't that a great front-end!? They were if my literature is accurate made from 1910-1914 in Jefferson, Wisconsin. Apparently started as a vision of one Perry E. Mack they could have also been called a Waverly a Jefferson-Waverly a Kenzler-Waverly or a P.E.M. But that's all I can tell you. If anyone can add to this it would be nice to learn something new.

Comment

I do believe that in this issue or the last there is an article about PEMs,check it out very interesting!

Comment

Hey INLINE4NUT! Your right the Winter 2004 issue has an article on the PEM. I'm not sure how I overlooked it. I'm going to sit down right now and see what I can learn.

Comment

Working...
                              X