Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Badger Road Run

A Big thank you to the Badger Chapter. great road run. Thanks Again

I agree - My wife and I and had a great time and saw lots of good scenery. Jerry

Comment

Looking forward to seeing some pics if anyone has time to post.
      Jason Zerbini
      Near Pittsburgh PA (Farm Country)
      Allegheny Mountain Chapter http://amcaamc.com/

Comment

They said that they would have pictures up on their website in a few days but I looked tonight and did not see any. Jerry

Comment

Check there facebook page lots of photo's
          Ken S., # 6457
          1926- H-D BAF-Peashooter
          1954-H-D Panhead

Comment

We hauled all the way from Cal and rode the BlackHills and Yellowstone on the way home but the cherry on the sundae was the Badgers road run. Close to 3 dozen road runs under these wheels and this had to be one of the top five. Loved the patch, banner, daily booklets, The H-D museum, the Maritime museum, and Doc's H-D. Not to mention the very small town of Elkhart Lake, the hotel, the Lake Café, the Brown Bear, and the Ice Cream parlor. The members, bikes, riders, and banquet were all top knotch. A special thanks to Jean and Jon Davidson. Badgers, a class act one and all!
            DrSprocket

Comment

Howdy Rich,

Glad your crew re-found Da Luv after the bike loading fiasco on Saturday afternoon, looking grim there for a bit with the pilot inclined to drive 2,400 miles straight home with no other Runs along the way.

Agreed on this Road Run, what does one start with: embraced by the HD museum, who can forget the private Archives in which we viewed technical drawing #2 of 2 of the original HD motor. Like the archivist commented, these drawings rendered on fine cloth shellacked which once having served their purpose at the factory were taken home, the shellacked rinsed off with a solvent and then, as he noted wryly, someone blew their noses on the first Knucklehead.

Another was the site of over 100 machines stretched for a 1/2 mile in front in front of us snaking through the curvy country roads along Lake Michigan on the way to the maritime museum. Have never seen this many at one time and one of the members indicated a final tally of 165 or so entrants. Say what you will about mid western winters, but it's hard to beat the summers up there and there are no lack of enthusiastic locals partaking of them.
              Cheerio,
              Peter
              1950 Vincent - A Red Rapide Experience

Comment

Working...
              X