New Member with a request or three

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member with a request or three

Hello, All! First introductions - I'm Lonnie Adkins, I live in Montana and have a 1947 HD 45 that I am "rustoring" I've had it for years and it needs cleaned up from all the years in storage. And, my Dad has a 45, too, an Indian Chief, and a HD Hummer. And a RoadKing. That starts out my first request. Dad has been riding Motorcycles for 72 years. He's gotten a knee replaced and when it heals, the other one. Even with new knees, he probably shouldn't be trying to hold up 800lbs of motorcycle. He hates not being able to ride. So, a sidecar is the answer. I've a bunch of stuff I'm getting rid of that I have up on a facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/get.the.olpoop.to.sturgis I'd sure like it if you could check it out. And I'll put those items in the for sale section, too. Second request... anyone know how much one of these radio caddys should sell for? 005.jpg And third request: anyone any good with generators for the HD 45? Mine has never charged the battery, yet the generator repair guy swears it tests fine. So, Howdy, again and hope to talk to folks soon

Welcome Lonnie, I can't answer your questions but I admire your willingness to help out your Dad. Good luck with getting the "rustoration" done on the 45. They are cute little motors, quite simple and forgiving.
    Denise

Comment

Welcome Lonnie;
      Maybe a dumb suggestion here? What kind of battery do you have? Some modern closed cell (non-wet) batteries will not accept charging from yo9ur generator. For ease here...Call Rob Nussbaum at Retro Cycle in New Jersey for all the details of your specific generator and your battery. (Apology in advance if you do in fact have a correct battery.)

I also admire your efforts to keep your Father involved with motorcycles. Side hacks are never expensive. In some cases they are like trying to sell a boat anchor to someone who does not own a boat. Find a good hack and get it set up correctly and keep your Father In The Wind!
      Applause and Admiration from Texas
      Steve Klein
      Collector . Conservator . Enthusiast
      American Pre-teens - 1965
      AMCA Member 12176
      Cherokee Chapter President, Editor
      www.CherokeeAMCA.org
      Steve@SteveKlein.com
      Georgetown, TX USA

Comment

ThanX! Steve

I've been on the road and hadn't checked in here. I've the right 6v battery for the system, but I'll check with Rob Nussbaum. He may have some helpful hints!

And thank you both, Steve and Denise, for the encouragement

Comment

Rob IS the guy. Not only knowledgeable but a heck of a great guy. Has everything you need at his fingertips.
          D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

Working...
          X